1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

4.3 CPI "W", pictures of replacement process for injector

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 10:58 PM
ShadowHawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 93 Blazer intake, with upper plenum removed.

Got the kit in from UPS just about 2 hours ago!! I'm sure hoping for the same results you had with the smooth idle!

Did the rigid fuel lines at the firewall - that connect to the nut kit have o-rings on them? I ask - because I've disconnected the rigid lines, and removed the nut-kit.. and one line has an o-ring on it, and the other does not. No reason to button things up if I still need to put on an o-ring to the rigid lines leading to the nut-kit...

Thanks,
Rex

Old 10-28-2005, 12:11 AM
93LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Both of my lines had an O-ring on them. Did you check inside the original fuel lines you took off? I have heard of one model that didn't have O-rings installed, claiming to have the flared fuel lines instead. I though that to be odd as I know of only the one Nut kit. If you look in the end of the nut kit lines, you'll see that the O-rings will seal, but also that the flange on the metal line has its own place to mate up against. You should see a grove in your main fuel lines (the ones connecting to the nut kit) that would retain the O-ring.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:58 PM

You can't imagine the amount of gratitude I'm feeling right now for happening to come back to the forum after several months and *happening* to see your recent post with this fix. The symptoms you listed were the same as mine in my other thread.. and it really was a last-ditch effort to get the Beast running smooth again....

For the $308 I spent on parts (Injector spider assembly, nut kit, gasket kit) - and the couple of hours spent disassembling, cleaning, de-carbonizing, and re-assembling everything... I got a heckuva deal, and I'm on cloud-9 with a SMOOOOTH running vehicle again. I'll watch my gas mileage, too.. as I was LUCKY to get 200 miles from a tank of gas (city driving) - and I'm looking forward to getting my old range of about 350 miles back (16 usable gallons * 22MPG).

Thanks again,
Rex S.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:34 AM
93LT is an unknown quantity at this point

Glad it helped you. I too was delighted in with the smooth idle and increased performance. After my intial fire up, I went on a 10 mile test drive and it was a bit smother idling upin returning home.

Old 11-03-2005, 07:23 PM
cuzfu is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you clean the carbon buildup? I am thinking I may have the same type of problem with a 02 blazer. Is that possible?

Old 11-03-2005, 07:49 PM

I used some STP spray intake cleaner. It pretty much dissolved away the carbon, and what didn't dissolve away I brushed (the upper intake plenum) with a small brass-bristled brush.

For the EGR intake plenum on the lower portion of the intake - I scraped with a small screwdriver, and used a shop-vac to suck out all the chunks. Worked just fine.

Old 04-17-2006, 05:19 PM
grejef is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 4.3 CPI "W", pictures of replacement process for injector

93LT

I just wanted to say thanks for the insightful help along with pictures to solve what I call a stubborn, ever plaguing issue that no one was able to identify. Because I have limited time, I tried the normal route of dealer $$$$$ (fuel injector replacement), brand name garage $$$ (EGR replacement), and trouble code, (clueless), but to no avail would any state that the fuel regulator was the issue. Again thanks, you have been a large help in finding the problem.

Who am I, a guy with a old Blazer (1995) that keeps going and going and going.....

Old 05-18-2007, 08:39 AM
rellima1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a 2000 blazer has intermittant starting problems. Some days it will not start cold, other days it is fine. Turns over fine but acts like no gas. Mechanic says pump is working. He suggested replacing the fuel injection spider. All it takes is about 10 minutes of a small electrical heater blowing on the cabarator and it starts right up. Could it be the fuel regulator you have been discussing.

Old 12-16-2007, 07:03 PM
LosLs2 is an unknown quantity at this point

93LT, great write up. You have single handedly given me the motivation tofix and drive my 95 blazer again. It has been parked for months after this problem caused me to give up hope. I am sure that the problems described by you and Shadow are the same thing that is happening to mine. Best Regards!

Old 12-18-2007, 09:46 AM
N2BLAZIN is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey cuzfu,
To clean the carbon is pretty easy but you'll know if you have too much carbon build up if your thottle is sticking in the slightest bit.Get a red shop rag or two and a big can of throttle body cleaner. Spray one of the rags down open up youe TB and wipe all theblack carbon off. Then take your other rag and wipe off the last little bit of black carbon. Thenyou take and open your throttle all the way and spray the cleaner in there for about 10seconds. put your intake tube back on and start your engine with the gas pedal completely depressed. You'll notice a lot of smoke coming out of the tail pipe once it does start. Then while it's running pull your intake tube back off and spray the rest in there while its running perodically revving the engine. That should take care of most of your carbon build up.

Quick Reply: 4.3 CPI "W", pictures of replacement process for injector