Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 1st Gen S-series (1983-1994) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Starting Member

luvmaBLAZER is on a distinguished road
AnxiousDread harry_popper
Cool 89 s10 blazer

hey there all well 1st of all im new to the site and now to the point i have an 89 s10 blazer with electric dash and the mph doesnt light up can anyone help please also at 85mph my engine shakes what can i do to my ecu to remove that or what can be done so i can go faster
Old 04-28-2011, 04:53 PM
Starting Member
1999 Chevrolet Blazer

nineTnine is on a distinguished road

The digital dashes were known to fail so it could be that or a blown fuse. Possibly a loose connection in the back too. They are cool but pricey to fix/replace. I'll assume you have a 4.3L, they didn't have limiters so the ECM isn't causing the vibration. I had my old rust bucket S10 up to 90 once, it was loud as could be but no shakes from the drivetrain. Something may be amiss in the front end, bad alignment, loose tie rod, bad tire, ball joints going bad, it could be a lot of things.
problem.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM
Beginning Member

wazzledoozle is on a distinguished road

Could be that your wheel bearings need some fresh grease too. But theres lots of things that can cause shaking at high speeds...
Old 04-30-2011, 11:57 AM
Starting Member

luvmaBLAZER is on a distinguished road
AnxiousDread harry_popper

yeah man 4.3l and i luv it lol and well gona check it cause only my mph gauge doesnt light up and i really need it dont wana go too fast now or i might get a ticket
Old 04-30-2011, 08:25 PM

ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough
ohsosofly

I wouldnt want to go that fast in a blazer... Thats dangerous, these arent race cars man. If you want to go faster, try taller tires. My blazer runs out of ***** at about 70mph, so I dont think you are going to get it to go faster without a motor swap.

As for the speedo, mine flickers when I use the dimmer, so maybe play with the dimmer switch and see if that affects it.

If you want a new dash cluster, check this guy out. Some members have bought from him and nobody had a complaint. www.digitaldashsolutions.com
2007 Silverado LT Z71-Pantom Grey, 5.3L, loaded, CAI, HID projectors, LED exterior, AirAid, tinted 15% over factory, color matched and debadged, 20" Platinum Boulevard wheels, ProComp 2", RollPan, custom duals, RST spoiler
1993 S10 Blazer Tahoe LT-Green/Grey, 4.3 Vortec (W), 4x4, loaded, LT265/70R17 (33"), jacked 3+3, ALPINE and JL system 880watts, K&N, 6000k HID, complete LED upgrade, lots of new stuff. Slowly modding and restoring - got a build thread going
Old 04-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Starting Member
1999 Chevrolet Blazer

nineTnine is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsofly View Post
I wouldnt want to go that fast in a blazer... Thats dangerous, these arent race cars man. If you want to go faster, try taller tires. My blazer runs out of ***** at about 70mph, so I dont think you are going to get it to go faster without a motor swap.

As for the speedo, mine flickers when I use the dimmer, so maybe play with the dimmer switch and see if that affects it.

If you want a new dash cluster, check this guy out. Some members have bought from him and nobody had a complaint. www.digitaldashsolutions.com
The interstate speed limit here in Iowa is 70, so traffic is usually doing about 80 and my Blazer still has some go to it at those speeds, yours should be comparable I would think with the Vortec but how fast something is is comparable I guess. The TBI V6 luv has wouldn't hold a candle to either of ours I would hope though
problem.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:54 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
1994, 4x4, 89, bearings, blazer, dash, ecu, location, newer, replace, rod, s10, s10blazerblazer, tahoe, vibration