1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

93 4.3cpi 2wheel wont start

Old 11-02-2008, 11:40 AM
billyhoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 93 4.3cpi 2wheel wont start

i have been all over this vehicle.new fuel pump,filter,lines going into plenum,spider{fuel pressure reg,injectors}plugs,everything!it will not start.i unpluged the new fuel pressure reg to make sure gas was getting to it,turn the key,plenty of fuel.put it back together,wont fire{i have spark thats all new too}.took a spark plug out to see if the injectors were spraying,crank the key,nothing but air.weeks i have been trying to figure this out.any ideas anyone?gas tank is new also.[:@] [:@]

Old 11-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 93 4.3cpi 2wheel wont start

I have seen a few different people have problems with the electrical lines/connections inside the plenum not properly activating the injector. You may want to see if that is the cause.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:03 AM

how many volts should there be?

Old 11-03-2008, 11:47 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Have you checked the timing. It could have jumped time and it will never start. Bring the number 1 piston to TDC, Check that the rotor is pointing to the number 1 plug. The Rotor should be pretty close to the # 1 wire location at the distributer cap.

Old 11-03-2008, 01:51 PM

it starts with fluid.then dies.has perfect time.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:11 PM

i have 12 volts to the plug outside the plenum.im going in the plenum AGAIN to see if i have power to the injector itself.i hope i dont.

Old 11-04-2008, 06:19 AM

how about fuel pressure, Fuel Pump Relay, Fuel Pump Regulator.

Old 11-04-2008, 08:10 AM

Are injectors pulsing, I do believe you can check the Injectorpulse with a Noid light. (At least that's my understanding of a NOID Light) That would tell you if the injectors are being controlled by the computer.

Old 11-04-2008, 09:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The problems that I have seen and heard about surrounded the electrical connection to the injector whether from corrosion or relaxing of the connector plastic.

Old 11-05-2008, 02:11 PM

i took back spider{fuel pressure reg,injectors}and got a new one just to be sure.same thing.i have fuel pressure.with the plenum off i can see the gas through the line,it makes it all the way to the spider fine.but when i hit the key,no fuel sprays out of the injectors at all.i have twelve volts to the spider as soon as i hit the key.im gonna go check the conecting clip real good,thats a good idea swart .ill be back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 93 4.3cpi 2wheel wont start