1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

I got some problems that need someone elses help.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 11:43 AM
1992ChevyBlazer is on a distinguished road
Post I got some problems that need someone elses help.

Thank you for reading.
This one I hope doesn't wind up being a long one but if it turns out to be one.. I am sorry. Thank you for all of your help/advice/tips/ideas Everything

I just got my truck on the road Monday and I have had a couple problems.
She doesn't want to run until she is warmer, Got the digital gauge cluster. when it hits 1 bar on the temp gauge she will stay running and run beautifully. Got a code for coolant temp sensor but not sure if its the culprit. also map sensor.

Next is, My front end feels stiff. I feel every bump and when I hit a bump I get wander. I think the guy I got it from cranked the keys way to much.. could that make it stiff? ride rough, When I put the plow on it, it rides better. shockingly.

I blew out my rear driveshaft today, It didn't want to be friends with ms. axle anymore, it hit the ground then floor pan and them I just coasted to a stop, Well, there is a bunch of u-joints to choose from. Half c-clips, complete snap rings, screw in, pressed in.. I don't know what I need.
The u-joint cap that's in it doesn't have a snap ring/clip in it so I think its factory.. also noticed when underneath it that the front u-joint at the transfer case is shot to.. Need it up on the road asap. Do not know what I will need as well.

Squeaking back window. Any ideas on how to get rid of it?

Quality suspension parts? Moog? AC Delco? I have been on rock auto looking at parts and want to re-do the front end when summer gets here...
I already got pages upon pages of things but want to know if moog is good or is Ac Delco good?
Thanks.

Thank you for reading. I know this is more than one problem and I am not sure if I even posted it in the right place but i hope I did and I hope I can get some help/advice.

Old 03-05-2014, 12:15 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

If code says temp sensor then that's it. Yes t bars are the stiff culprit. Mmog or ac delco, yes. Squeak spray everything but think its the latch

Old 03-05-2014, 01:55 PM

Well it had two codes, Haynes manual - Code 15 (Coolant temperature sensor/Low Temp) & Code 33 (Map Sensor).
I am taking the plow off my truck, I would turn the bolts, Counter clockwise?
Thanks for the input on Moog & ACDelco, are the grease-able parts better?
U-Joints, Any ideas on witch ones to get? rear? front? sense the rear blew out and I found a bad front one I want to get them all done but RockAuto/Autozone are not any help.

Thank you (Newguy) for the help.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:00 PM
BF Veteran

Moog u joints also. Get everything grease-able and grease twice a year. Yes counter clock wise, equal amount each side. If you dont have any type of lift on it your front cv axles should be basically parallel with the ground

Old 03-05-2014, 02:25 PM

(Newguy) What kinda of joints? I see some with the half clip & some with a completely closed clip, something about pressed in and something about screwed in.. will any work? can I go down and buy 4 identical u-joints and put them in? they are original. or atleast I think they are. I didn't see any clips. But the head/seal the connects to the differential is gone & the other side under the strap is still there.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:59 PM
BF Veteran

Look on you tube how to do it. I`m not sure, mines a 98

Old 03-05-2014, 05:03 PM

newguy, I cant figure out how to word it.
When I look at AutoZone-RockAuto, they snow a bunch of different types of u-joints. I know how to replace it. been on youtube. Its the replacement that is the issue.
I don't know what to get? will any u-joint work? I see these under parts for my truck.

Old 03-05-2014, 05:04 PM

Old 03-05-2014, 05:51 PM
BF Veteran

RockAuto Parts Catalog go to the ac delco 3rd one down I think, click on info , look for the number of the ones you need then go back and match it up. Should be the right ones

Old 03-06-2014, 08:32 AM

Thank you. It was the fourth down for the ACDelco one... Thank you. I didn't know I needed to get different ones. Thank you for explaining it to me. Im still punk kid, ha ha.
Thanks again Teacher.

Quick Reply: I got some problems that need someone elses help.