1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

curveball that doesn't make sense!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 06:21 PM
blazatronxprime is on a distinguished road

I'm gonna cut a access port, so I can reach it through the back. I may replace it a lot but that joker will be free and take like five minutes. lol

But seriously though, any part can go out, and I've seen a lot of reviews that the ac delcos and bosch's go out a lot also. I went into the store today to swap the pump out and they couldn't get it until the 4th. I can't wait that log so I had to go with what I've got.

Old 08-29-2014, 07:29 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by blazatronxprime
I'm gonna cut a access port, so I can reach it through the back. I may replace it a lot but that joker will be free and take like five minutes. lol
Shoot, once you've done the pump a couple times, you can do it in about an hour, including pumping all the fuel out.

I wouldn't cut an access hole, but I definitely understand the idea!

Old 08-29-2014, 07:53 PM

I'm tired and a redneck! lol Anyways, I'm already expecting it to go out in a few months because I got stuc with the Airtex pump. I also found two O-rings and instructions for installing a pump in the back of the blazer in the tire jack area, from the previous owner so I assume the pump went bad again. lol

Old 08-30-2014, 01:25 PM

Okay, got the pups changes, and it fixed a lot of the issues. not I'm having a bad missfire, and backfired out of the front. I think my wires may be put in wrong, or my timing is off by roughly 180 degrees.

Anyone know if these engines have issues with timing chains?

Old 08-30-2014, 02:42 PM

reoved the cap and rotor, and rechecked the plugs to make sure they were in the right firing order. It fixed some of the misfire issue, still seems to be missing out of 1 cylinder. I still have the flooding issue, though I've rechecked the fuel pressure it's nominal, however it does fluctuate by maybe 3 psi when the engine is running. She seems to be overloading on fuel and flooding out. I have an ignition coil, ignition sensor, that I'm about to put on, I'm also going to take the egr off and see if I can clean it out some. She's straight piped, and I do not see and o2 sensor location anywhere. I'm about to crank her up and take video of the issue. hopefully I can get decent audio on it and upload it on here.

Old 08-30-2014, 07:06 PM

So... it was hot. 105 heat index today, i was literally pouring sweat, my beard was dripping... in the course of all the hotness today we forgot to put the new fuel filter on it. I thought my buddy had done it, and he thought I did. Put the new one on, went ahead and put on a new ignition coil also. runs a lot better now, still slow as a tank but at least I can run 55 uphill!

This serves one up for the old adage "it's usually the most simple problem, that fixes it."

I went in, got the tools I needed to test the fuel pressure, and that put me in the right direction to getting this issue fixed. Now I can tinker on her, to try and get a little better acceleration! lol

Thanks for everyones help!

Old 09-13-2014, 02:10 PM
Beginning Member
richardrose67 is on a distinguished road
Default Battery voltage

Check your battery voltage also, the fuel pump is vary voltage wary. You must have 12 volts or it won't open injectors. No fuel pressure no power.
Rich