1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Does anyone know where i can find an EPROM

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 02:41 PM
wesmagyar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Does anyone know where i can find an EPROM

blazer returned a code 43 on the scanner tool. also returned a code 32 so my mechanic said the ECM its self is functioning but the eeprom is toast. having hell trying to locate one. called all the local junk yards and local GM dealerships. even called GM itself... its looking like i might be sol. i dont want to kill my truck but its not working all that great. PLEASE HELP if you can!
-Wes-

Old 10-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Default RE: Does anyone know where i can find an EPROM

hmm does anyone know how i can test to see if its the eprom or the ecm? ive talked with a few people and they say the odds of if being the eprom are slim to none.

Old 10-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

EPROM == ECM unless it is a problem with a voltage regulator or other circuitry. You could pull the EPROM from any S-series vehicle with the same engine/transmission. Or just pull the whole ECM and see if that fixes your problem.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:05 PM

a mechanic told me it also has to be the same gear ratio... is this true? for the eprom that is.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you will want to look at the RPO code list and match up the gear ratios.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:20 PM

where can i find an rpo code list?

Old 10-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Administrator

On the inside of the glove box door.