1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

ECM/CPI Question for 93 Blazer 4.3 Vortec.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:54 PM
NC93BLAZERLT is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ECM/CPI Question for 93 Blazer 4.3 Vortec.

OK I bought my truck 1 1/2 years ago. It's been running great up until 1 week ago. Started having electrical issues. Anyhow, I pull the ECM and have part# 16196395 BBNT. So I'm looking on E-Bay for another ECM. I'm seeing alot of ECM's with the same number, but with BHRJ at the end. I do know my 4.3 was a transplanted motor. So how can I make sure I get the right ECM for my truck? What number can I get off the engine to ensure that I get the proper ECM for it? I'm not sure this was the original ECM to begin with, and since the motors were swapped, I may be looking at the ECM that came with the motor transplant. I may not be... I'm confused now. Electrical crap is way beyond my realm of mechanical knowledge.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:39 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

If you say your truck was running great with that P/N I wouldn't worry about it. Are you sure the ECM is the problem? If you're really worried about it you might get the serial number off the motor and call a dealer parts department. Most of those guys are pretty cool and they have helped me out in the past whether I bought off of them or not. One even talked me out of buying off him because he thought the price was too high.

Old 01-03-2010, 11:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

So long as the ECU came from another 93-94 CPI motor, you should be fine, regardless of part number. The programming should be good. You can't go back to a 92 CPI ECU because of the change from the 700R4 to the 4L60E in 93.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk
So long as the ECU came from another 93-94 CPI motor, you should be fine, regardless of part number. The programming should be good. You can't go back to a 92 CPI ECU because of the change from the 700R4 to the 4L60E in 93.
Could ya'll tell me what kind amperage the alternator should kicking out? Thanks

Old 01-03-2010, 09:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It would appear that there were 3 different part numbers available for the alternator.

1101618 = 96amp
10479802 & 10479974 = 100amp

But that would be for a stock 93 CPI motor.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:30 PM

It would appear that there were 3 different part numbers available for the alternator.

1101618 = 96amp
10479802 & 10479974 = 100amp

But that would be for a stock 93 CPI motor.
So is it safe to say that anything below say, 85 Amps would be considered problematic?

Old 01-04-2010, 06:58 AM
Administrator

85amps was a stock alternator size for a 92 CPI motor so if yours was a transplant from a 92, it could be that low. Ofcourse, that is peak output so it depends on how it is being tested.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:26 AM

85amps was a stock alternator size for a 92 CPI motor so if yours was a transplant from a 92, it could be that low. Ofcourse, that is peak output so it depends on how it is being tested.
Is there a stamp on the engine that will give us a clue as to what year it was made?

Old 01-04-2010, 10:33 AM
Administrator

Short answer - yes.

Old 01-04-2010, 10:37 AM

Short answer - yes.
Where is it located...? We knew this question was coming! lol

Quick Reply: ECM/CPI Question for 93 Blazer 4.3 Vortec.