1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

ecm1 fuse help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 05:08 PM
Beginning Member
mrhockey4real is on a distinguished road

if the gap in the spark plug isnt done to manufacture specifications, will that cause the ecm1 fuse to blow?

Old 08-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't. Neither should having a plug wire ground out.

Old 08-14-2010, 05:46 PM
Beginning Member

I think I need a new EGR Valve, my haynes manual isnt very helpful it doesnt show or explain much for my blazer with my engine size, but I think I need a new EGR valve, if im looking at the rite thing, where the valve meets the manifold, it looks to be coreded, but if a fuse is blowing I always thought its cause of an electrical issue, anyway ive been defeated its time to bring it a mechanic shop there isnt anything else I can do with my knowlodge and understanding

Old 08-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Beginning Member

gonna hook it up to a computer and read the codes to diagnose the problem hopefully its nothing to serious easy and cheap to fix

Old 08-14-2010, 08:16 PM
S10man is on a distinguished road
Default Ecm

I have the same problem on my 86' Blazer (I think) is the ecm1 fuse the same as the ECMB fuse that when it blows the fuse it shuts off the fuel pump in the tank.

Old 08-14-2010, 11:24 PM
Beginning Member

the ecmb fuse is completley different then the ecm1 fuse, when i turn the ignition on, but not all the way to fire up the engine, the ecm1 fuse blows rite away, so that tells me there is a short somewhere, on monday im gonna bring it to a mechanic shop and hook it up to a computer to figure out whats wrong, thats the only way of figuring it out, i love my blazer though its stock 4x4 and its a beast in the bush just crawls around everywhere yet to get stuck, also have a winch so that helps just gotta get a lift with tires and im good to go

Old 08-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Beginning Member

well day one of my blazer being in the shop, brought it to fountian tire, they hooked it up to a computer, scanned the codes and nothing came up, all they can think is there is a short in the ground wire, but they stopped trying to fix it after an hour and a half cause they didnt wana keep charging me, so in the end they didnt even charge me anything at all, so I got it towed to a shop that specializes in car electrical repair, they cant take a look at it today, gonna figure out the problem tomorrow, now that I think about it, the day before my blazer crapped out I was messing around with the wires for the sound system on the passenger side underneath the glove box, there is a bunch of wires in that area, I may have messed something up around there... already at 150 bux in towing bill, hopefully i dont have to spend too much more to get it back on the road

Old 08-16-2010, 10:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I hope they find the problem and don't cost you your first born/arm/leg/etc. That was good of the first shop to not charge you. Kudos to them!

Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 AM
94BlazerPA is on a distinguished road

If you were messing around with wires for the sound system then you could have a short somewhere, crossed wires, bad/loose ground. Good luck and keep us posted.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Beginning Member

got my blazer back today, turns out there was a damaged wire under the air cleaner housing, a green wire that is attached to the fuel injector was shorting out with the ground wire, which was causing a fuel injector to stay open so the engine was getting too much gas causing the engine to stall within seconds, and causing the ecm1 fuse to blow from the shorted out wire, I didnt know the ecm1 fuse controlls the fuel injector system, its a pink/black wire, but the green wire under the air cleaner housing unit was the wire that was busted, the nite before my blazer crapped out I took off the air cleaner housing for some reason, so I guess when I put it back on I wasnt being cautious and I hit the wire causing it to break and short out the system.. so there yeah have it folks, lesson learned on my part, im not a mechanic, so i shouldnt fool around with my blazer, leave it to the professionals... 650 bux later, also the mechanic had to replace one fuel injector. lesson learned. im glad i discovered this forum though, there is alot of useful info on here, so ill certinally be coming back time to time to check it out, thanks to everyone who helped me along the way, unfortunally i was heading down the wrong path, but its hard to help someone out when you dont know what the problem is