Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 1st Gen S-series (1983-1994) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-20-2009, 10:04 AM
Starting Member
1994 GMC Jimmy

91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fuel Pressure Regulator-94 Vin W hard to find

So my truck is idling a bit rough, and knowing that these trucks have somewhat problematic fuel systems I hooked up my fuel pressure gauge. I am losing pressure. I pulled out that air restricter in the top of the intake to look inside, and sure enough, the passenger side looks damp, and it smells like fuel in there. I am looking to replace the pressure regulator, but I can't find one on any of the parts store websites. I called the dealership and they said I need to buy the whole fuel spider at $375. I'm pretty certain I don't have a problem with that, since the owner before me just replaced it. I have seen fuel pressure regulators that are said to fit my engine, but I wanted to make sure that would be right. I don't understand why the major parts stores and the dealership wouldn't carry the pressure regulator, but I can get one anywhere on the internet
Old 05-20-2009, 10:08 AM
1995 GMC Jimmy

PHATSPEED7x is on a distinguished road

Dorman sells just the regulator by itself. Check Oreilly auto parts website.

Old 05-20-2009, 10:09 AM

Blazercrazy is an unknown quantity at this point

They might be reading the first gen as a none vortec, Try asking the parts store for 95, Thats what i had to do when getting K&N air filter and such lol
Factory limited slip
Old 05-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

Check out RockAuto.com or buy the updated FPR from LinderTech.com.

DORMAN Part # 55162 {Fuel Pressure Regulator OE# 17113673 Hollander # 322-5369 #17113673} - On RockAuto.com for ~$40.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 PM

Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

I got mine at AutoZone for ~ $40. It's the Dorman/HELP! part Kyle listed above.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:13 PM
Starting Member
1994 GMC Jimmy

91chevywt is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your help, I actually ordered one from RockAuto since it looks like I can't get one locally. Looking on napaonline.com and autozone.com there wasn't a part listed, but I guess I'll have to wait for one.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:13 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
1996, 94, 96, adjustable, air, blazer, fuel, hard, orielly, parts, pressure, regulator, replace, restricter, s10, starts