1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

FUSE PANEL HELP PLEASE

Old 10-08-2008, 03:40 PM
rogggg1020 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FUSE PANEL HELP PLEASE

85 s10 blazer has short,all fuse labelings has been rubbed off or disapeared or something does anybody have a diagram or pics showing what fuses are what in the fuse panel????

Old 10-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: FUSE PANEL HELP PLEASE

If you have your owners manual, there may be a diagram in there.

This is the best I could come up with:

Old 10-08-2008, 04:56 PM

thanks alot swart now the third one up on the left side,i did what you said about putting a test light between the pos. post and pos. wires it came on but when i pulled that fuse it got dimmer but didnt go off and thats the only one that had any effect on it,what is that fuse for?? its impossible to read what it is on the panel and its kinda hard to read on that pic{thanks again for the pic} also if there was anything disconnected behind the dash panel would that make a short??

Old 10-08-2008, 05:08 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Third one up on the left is a 20A and says HORN/DM. Presumably for the horn and dome light(s).

Old 10-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Reads HORN/DM I think... With a carb'd motor, the light should go out completely. Did you have all of the fuses out?

The wiring diagrams I have suck for your truck... To post them would be a LOT of work and I do not think they would be very legible.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:42 PM

i do thank you alot swart you been alot of help with this ill get some pics of this blazer up soon for everybody to see,btw there is a round bowl looking thing on my driver fender that has a cable coming out of the back side a hose on the side of it and six wires coming out the front of it,you wouldnt happen to know what that is cause i have looked through the haynes manual front to back and cannot find it anywhere of course i might have over looked it since i was reading through it while my son was in the hospital have alot of test ran
also i did the check again to find the short and all fuses are out the light is on so i started tracing down the wire off the battery and it goes straight to the starter should there be only one wire off the battery on the pos side or should there be more than that and where would they run too? i would have put this in the shop but like i said my son got very sick so i used all the money for meds and co-pays thanks alot for everybodys help tho

Old 10-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the unit under the hood you describe is the cruise control servo-if you could snap a pic that would confirm. JP[sm=badbadbad.gif]

Old 10-08-2008, 09:14 PM

thanks jp im gonna start taking some pics as soon as it quits raining

Old 10-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Beginning Member
ddog800 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, this fusebox diagram is gold! :P Mainly because most of my labels have worn off as well. Would this same diagram apply to an 86 s10 blazer 2.8 2wd TBI?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 AM
Administrator

I would have to look at the illustration for an 86 to be certain, but an 85 does not have TBI so there may be some differences.