Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 1st Gen S-series (1983-1994) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-10-2009, 04:57 PM
Beginning Member

s10machine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many O2 sensors do I have?

Working on my 91 s10 Blazer, 4.3 4x4. Looking at Advance Auto's web site, they say I have two, an upstream and downstream.Downstream waseasy to get, down on the Y pipe. I assumed I could see the upstream sensor, in the manifold. When I went to remove it, I realized I had the wrong one, I think it is the coolant temp sensor over there, on the passengerside.

Sonow I'm not sure there is a secondo2 sensor, Haynes and Chilton only mention the one. So if there is only one, which should I put in there, upstream or downstream? I assume downstream, because it plug fits. But we can all see how fas assuming anything has got me. I appreciate any help you guys have to offer.
Thanks for checking me out.

89 S10 Blazer 2.8 4WD 5 speed
Old 02-10-2009, 06:22 PM
Starting Member

rdhack is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to rdhack
Default RE: How many O2 sensors do I have?

Mine only has one. Crawl under it and look. There will be one for sure just before the cat converter on the right side just behind the right front wheel. It is a single wire. Run your hand along the rest of the exhaust pipe (when cold) all the way to the muffler. I bet you do not find one.

*1998 Oldsmobile Bravada..... Got Rid of that Turd!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Beginning Member

Of course I found that one, it is the one I referred to as 'downstream'. I am trying to determine if there is another o2 sensor on a 4.3 from 91. Thanks tho

Old 02-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Starting Member

rdhack is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to rdhack

Downstream means AFTER the cat converter. The only one you probably have and found is upstream.
*1998 Oldsmobile Bravada..... Got Rid of that Turd!
Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

Yep, the sensor you have found which is directly after the "Y" in the y-pipe and before the catalytic converter is the upstream sensor. If you do not have one behind the catalytic converter, then you only have one sensor.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:25 PM
Beginning Member

Okay, that is great, I only have one o2 sensor to worry about. Thanks swartlkk

Old 02-10-2009, 10:25 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
02, 1991, 1998, 43, 89, 99, blazer, chevy, have, location, o2, oxygen, remove, s10, sensor, sensors