1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:19 PM
taypac is on a distinguished road
Default intake

i want to put my intake filter directly up to the manifold. i've seen it done in pictures, but what do you do with the air sensor?

Old 05-12-2009, 12:31 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

welcome to the forum.

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/aut...itemid=9567179

you could try something along that line (or for your year whatever it may be). Its a short ram air intake. relocate MAF sensor, short shot to engine. you will be sucking air off engine unless you get a hood scoop though.... would look neato *shrug*

Old 05-12-2009, 12:36 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by taypac
i want to put my intake filter directly up to the manifold. i've seen it done in pictures, but what do you do with the air sensor?
Why? What are you trying to accomplish?

Old 05-12-2009, 01:43 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

it would also help to let us know what type of blazer. seeing your dealing with the first gen body style which could have tbi, cpi, or mpi fuel injection.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:34 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Yea, what rriddle3 said... why? I dont see how this could possibly make it run better.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:37 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

if anything i think it would run worse considering youll be sucking in nothing but hot engine air.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:46 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant you see in the benefits of all the hot dirty air into the engine? jeez guys lets think it through.

ps- im not seriously supporting this

Old 05-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I giggled..~!

Old 05-13-2009, 09:27 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by boomtruck97
Cant you see in the benefits of all the hot dirty air into the engine? jeez guys lets think it through.

ps- im not seriously supporting this
it's things like this that make it worth waking up!

taypac, don't take this as a gang up session or anything like that. everyone here would like to help you out deep down inside. try posting in the brainstorming section or somewhere along those lines with:
year of vehicle, engine (if changed), injection style (for the older gen), and anything else about your truck that you think would help lead to a solution.
Then do a quick write up o what exactly you hope to accomplish. You may be on to something, or working with something that has already been discussed or even tried, but no one follows because you gave a bare-bones quick post.
example:
i have a 2000 ls 4x4, 4.3l vortec, that rides like crap. hey guys my vehicle rides like crap. i crawled under it and poked around and noticed that 1 had one yellow tube under my drivers side coming from the truck to the leaf springs, but nothing like it on the other side. i do not have a picture, but the yellow tube said "shock" on it. any help would be appreciated.
now we can swamp you with posts on 3 shock mods, 1 shock rear ends, what shocks we reccomend and why, and "hey man, you're missing a damn shock!!1" type things.

good luck and let us know more.

Last edited by ABN31B; 05-13-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABN31B
it's things like this that make it worth waking up!

taypac, don't take this as a gang up session or anything like that. everyone here would like to help you out deep down inside. try posting in the brainstorming section or somewhere along those lines with:
year of vehicle, engine (if changed), injection style (for the older gen), and anything else about your truck that you think would help lead to a solution.
Then do a quick write up o what exactly you hope to accomplish. You may be on to something, or working with something that has already been discussed or even tried, but no one follows because you gave a bare-bones quick post.
example:
i have a 2000 ls 4x4, 4.3l vortec, that rides like crap. hey guys my vehicle rides like crap. i crawled under it and poked around and noticed that 1 had one yellow tube under my drivers side coming from the truck to the leaf springs, but nothing like it on the other side. i do not have a picture, but the yellow tube said "shock" on it. any help would be appreciated.
now we can swamp you with posts on 3 shock mods, 1 shock rear ends, what shocks we reccomend and why, and "hey man, you're missing a damn shock!!1" type things.

good luck and let us know more.
^^Good Post^^ I wish more people would take the time to fully describe their problem.

Guidelines for posting Mechanical Problem Threads

Quick Reply: intake