1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Missing while driving

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 07:43 PM
ware8083 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Missing while driving

I got a 94 vortec with new fuel pump relay, new fuel pump, new fuel filter and new spider injectors. fuel pump was installed in May of this year and blazer has ran fine all summer long I parked in for about a month and started it up the other day and it idles just fine but when try to drive it feels like it is missing and stubling trying to get up to speed, a real pain in the *** to drive. it does not kick on the check in engine light and i put new plugs and wire in and now i'm clueless on whats wrong. help please!!!

Old 10-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Missing while driving

wonder if you have a fuel gauge I'd hook it up and tape it to the windshield and see what happens to your fuel pressure as this problem occurs. If all fine-then atleast you can pretty much eliminate fuel delivery. JP Thoughts-cap/rotor/module but at this point it could be expensive to guess-put a fuel gauge on it if you can.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:00 PM

I was thinking about trying that out but most of my entire fuel system is new. my question is where is the fuel press regulator? and could it be causing my problem?

Old 10-24-2008, 11:07 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

The fuel pressure regulator is on the fuel injection spider. If the spider is new, so is the FPR.

Have you checked your cap & rotor? Have you doublechecked your wiring to make sure you've got the wires in the right spots?

Old 10-25-2008, 01:18 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

u have pretty much replaced everything that could cause a miss fire problem thats related to fuel. i would start looking into the spark end of it. check ur spark plugs, spark plug wires, cap, and rotor and go from there.

Old 10-26-2008, 05:03 PM

I ran the blazer down the street with fuel pressure gauge hooked up. no problems there pressure was good. but i seems back fire through the tail pipe and the intake air box?? I also replaced plugs today and rechecked firing order with no change still have same problem.

Old 10-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it have a horizontal or a vertical distributor cap-didn't see that you did cap and rotor-there have been numerous issues with the horizontal distributor caps but even if you don't have the horizontal cap may pay(for the cost involved) to try cap and rotor as this may be spark related. JP[8D]

Old 10-28-2008, 07:11 PM

ok, i got work on the blazer today and I found that the coil per the book test bad due to a infinite ohm reading on the secondary to primary test. Didn't have time to make to store to pickup a new one yet, but does this the problem u get when a coil goes bad?

Old 11-03-2008, 08:07 PM

I worked on blazer again today, I got a new coil in truck today and no change problem still there. I check compression, its 110- 150lbs so its good. i have spark in all cylinders but my question is can anyone verify what the firing order is i know its 165432 but my cap says 1 is in one place and the book says its the spot right beside that one? can anyone help

Old 11-03-2008, 08:18 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick Reply: Missing while driving