1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Need to replace fuel injector connector.

Old 12-18-2015, 07:49 PM
Beginning Member
Jezza Gadget is on a distinguished road
Default Need to replace fuel injector connector.

93 S10 Blazer 4.3 CPI, Tahoe, 4WD (2 position push-button)

I offer this as a cautionary tale, and one more data point to check, as I've seen many threads with similar problems, and not a lot of results. Long story short, I've gotten my wife's blazer running pretty good now (and 4wd working), but sometimes it wouldn't start, even with starting fluid, and even when it did, it would start cutting out at part throttle, like it was starving for fuel. I had just put a new Delphi pump and sender in to take care of an insufficient fuel pressure problem (which is now optimal), so I took a guess and tugged on the wires going to the injector and the truck shut off immediately. Looking at it, it was rather gunky and loose. It is also missing the rubber peice.

I was so ecstatic to have finally figured out the cause of weeks of frustration, I arranged the wires in a position that worked, and headed off to the local advance auto. Little did I know that frustration had not seen the last of me, as the employee tried selling me the connector for a 2nd Gen csfi setup. He seemed lost when I tried to explain that that was the wrong part, that the 92-95 version of the vortec "spider" only had one injector with a 2-wire connector powering it. He seemed to think I might have a TBI and looked under the tbi version and I spotted the connector, I asked him to pull up a picture of the injector, and I showed him an image of the cpi injector, noting the similarity. They didn't have the connector in stock, and I didn't really like their price anyway.

I'm assuming GM used the same connector for the TBI as for the CPI, considering the maxi-injector looks identical for both except for the bottom. Weird thing is, it's not just Advance Auto; Autozone, O'Rielly, Rock Auto, and Amazon, all have the wrong connector listed for the CPI engine. They do list the right connector, but only for the TBI engine. I'm not sure how so many parts places' inventories got screwed up. Oddly enough, the guy at NAPA had no trouble finding it when I told him the situation, so I'll probably get it there. Online + shipping is about the same anyway. Part No. SK29 or AC Delco PT2385/PT285 (12102568)

It looks to be made by Standard Motor Products (same as the AC Delco "Professional"), I've used their MAP connector without issues, so it should be fine, right?

It doesn't come with the harness connector, so I'll have to solder it to the end after running the wires through the intake wall. I notice that the current connector has red and blue wires and terminals marked A and B, but I don't see similar markings on the injector. Is the injector polarised? I suppose as long as I match wire colour, I should be fine.

Old 12-19-2015, 05:03 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The injector is a solenoid. It operates with DC voltage and polarity doesn't matter. The two terminals are actually the two ends of a single wire.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:04 PM
ninvin21 is on a distinguished road

94 S10 Blazer 4.3 CPI, Tahoe, 4WD

I replaced One of these about a year ago. I got the One from Autozone for around $10 (Dorman) well it recently failed already. So i just ordered an Ac delco one from Ebay for $25 hope this one last longer. I replaced a ton of parts and I'm thinking it was this the whole time. I didn't bother to check it because it was fairly new. Lesson learned.