1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Need some help with 93 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 03:09 PM
Beginning Member
MadMatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need some help with 93 Blazer

I have a 1993 Chev Blazer Tahoe 4.3L vortec. I'm having a couple seperate issues I was hoping to get some help with.
First problem is a kinda clunking noise you can hear from what I think is the drivers side when turning the steering wheel while sitting. You can also hear when braking hard and coming to a stop. I'm pretty sure i've heard it when hitting a bump too. Is this a Tie rod needing to be changed? or...

Next problem is once the truck is warmed right up and especially on a warm day, while sitting at a light or stop sign the truck shakes quit violently like it wants to stall, but doesn't. Once you take off it kinda hic-ups or has a small hesitationand then goes. There's no other acceleration problems whatsoever. All electrical parts have been changed, except plug wires. Even the spider assembly has been replaced. It has a new fuel pump, fuel filter etc. etc. Any ideas on these problems would be greatly appreciated as I need it to make it through the winter for up coming snowboarding season

Old 09-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Need some help with 93 Blazer

On the clunking sound, if you hear it while turning the steering wheel, then I would be inclined to think that it is a tie rod end. You can check them with the front end in the air by simply grabbing them. There should be no chucking of the joint.

When you say, "all electrical parts have been changed", what do you mean? You changed everything under the hood? Specifics are always good.

When you replaced the CPI spider, did you replace the internal fuel lines?

Have you pulled the EGR valve and given it a thorough cleaning? IAC valve clean?

Old 09-28-2008, 03:51 PM
Beginning Member

The internal fuel lines have not been replaced nor has the EGR been cleaned. Whats the best way to clean the EGR out?
As for electrical parts, I'm talking Dist, ignition modules, plugs, cap & rotor and on and on so yes pretty much every electrical part that could be changed has been changed. I'm guessing my next step is to search for fuel leaks?

Old 09-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You clean the EGR valve by removing it and cleaning it with carbon cleaner. Your 93 probably has a vacuum actuated EGR valve so be careful with the carbon cleaner as to not get it onto the vacuum diaphragm.

As far as the fuel pressure check, with the problems that the CPI motors have, it would be a good thing to do. You will want to specifically watch the pressure after you turn the key off.

I sure hope that all of those parts were not replaced through the "shotgun" approach to auto maintenance...

Old 09-28-2008, 04:02 PM
Beginning Member

Ok I taked to my dad who was the previous owner and he did not change the Dist, internal fuel lines he's not sure if were done at time of doing spider assemblyand the EGR was replaced around 60,000kms ago.

Old 09-30-2008, 08:50 AM
Beginning Member

Ok so the fuel lines were replaced. I pulled the plenum off and there is no signs of leaking anywhere, which I suspected I would find something cause accelerating off the line it really has a brief feel of gas starvation or a misfire of sorts than goes away till I stop again. Also the EGR was changed 70,000kms ago. I did clean it out but there was really nothing in it. Only thing to try is I guess is replacing the plug wires cause they haven't been changed. This is frustrating.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:23 PM
billyhoe is an unknown quantity at this point

i say the shaking is the tourqe converter.