1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Oil pressure fluctuation?

Old 04-05-2005, 10:31 AM
93BlazerGyrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oil pressure fluctuation?

I noticed lately that if i brake really hard or slow down semi fast the oil pressure dropped significantly on my 93 blazer s10. I'm going to get the oil changed and have them check the transmission and oil pressure valves to see if there is a problem. What could this be? Also on cold mornings sometimes blue smoke comes out when i first start it in the morning. It's not every morning and it only happens on a cold start. Is the tranny going bad? It has a semi new engine but I think its the original transmission. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

aim - inkpr1ncess
yahoo - bl00dy_roses

Heather

Old 04-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Administrator
Patrick has disabled reputation
Default RE: Oil pressure fluctuation?

i would keep a close eye on the oil level. so long as the oil level is fine, i woudl think that the oil sensor or gauge is going bad, which does happen.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:30 PM

Ok thanks! I'm taking it in to get an oil change tonight so they can check stuff out.

Old 04-06-2005, 01:07 AM
LoLoS10Blazer87 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd check the oil sending unit

Old 04-06-2005, 09:04 AM

I took the blazer into "the lube center" and they checked the oil and it was really low and dirty. I got a complete oil change/flush and it was a lot better. They said it was burning because I need a tranny flush, so friday I am bringing it back to get the transmission fluid flushed. That is why I got blue smoke on cold starts. Thanks everyone!

Old 04-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Mine does someting similar, but it's because I have a slight leak that I haven't got fixed yet...when the level gets low, it fluctuates.

Old 04-06-2005, 10:39 AM

Thankfully i don't have any leaks, the guys checked it out. The nice thing about the place I took it was that you just drive in and you sit in your vehicle like the whole time. There is a bay underneath the cars where they pull the oil filter. It took them like 10 min to find the oil filter because its in a weird spot below the air filter.

Old 04-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

Ya, I noticed mine was in a weird place. I do my own oil changes, so I'm not sure how I'm gonna tackle it the first time I attempt it. I owned a Volvo before the Blazer and there was so much room under the hood it was so easy. The Blazer is a bit strange to me...

Old 04-06-2005, 12:05 PM

yeah I hear ya! I had a toyota corolla before and it had lots of room too, albeit was low to the ground, but still.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:28 AM
bigpapa2004 is on a distinguished road

the only thing i hate about the oil change on my 91 blazer s10 is that the oil filter is right in between the oil pan and the frame of the body so it's a trick to do. but i found this sweet little tool at Canadian tire it's a socket extion and it slips onto the bottom of the filter and takes about 2 hours off of the change time LOL.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil pressure fluctuation?