1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

OMG that NO-SMOKE just killed my truck

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 04:36 PM
laurstevechar721 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OMG that NO-SMOKE just killed my truck

Just a heads up I bought some NO-SMOKE The truck would blow alittle blue smoke when I would start it up, thinking NO SMOKE would cure the problem instead it just messed it up bad I can now hear a hard knock on the passenger side when I rev the engine.
Would there be any luck if I just empty the oil drain it completely or is it to late??

Old 11-14-2008, 05:17 PM
95_4door is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: OMG that NO-SMOKE just killed my truck

It is just a coincidense that happened. That isn't going to mess up a motor, or they wouldn't be able to sell it. That was already a pre-existing condition

Old 11-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Starting Member
abadinalbany is an unknown quantity at this point

additives sometimes help, sometimes hurt, aging seals and passages. you may have dissolved a bit of gunk or seal that was holding up compression on that cylinder ...

95_4door: guns can hurt people, yet they're still sold legally ... as are various strong acids, and any other number of potentially dangerous materials or items. Sure, NO SMOKE probably won't kill your motor, but just because they sell it on the shelf, doesn't mean it won't. Ever install a piggyback fuel controller? You can slag a motor with those too, or if you have half a clue what you're doing, you can modify your fuel map for greater performance and efficiency. Just because it has potential to be dangerous, when used as instructed, doesn't mean it's not sold commercially, to consumers and laymen.

Old 11-14-2008, 05:30 PM

i just pulled the OBD codes and it gives me 32 which is the EGR, however I see white smoke and little water coming out but I dont see the water in the reserve going low, I do believe it is the head now.
Would anyone know how to go about sueing these A$$holes to fix my truck now?

Old 11-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Starting Member

ORIGINAL: laurstevechar721

i just pulled the OBD codes and it gives me 32 which is the EGR, however I see white smoke and little water coming out but I dont see the water in the reserve going low, I do believe it is the head now.
Would anyone know how to go about sueing these A$$holes to fix my truck now?
you'd have a very hard time proving anything, and it would be costly to even try. furthermore, you can't prove damages greater than the going value of the vehicle, so it's doubtful the effort would be worth your time, even if successful.

water and white smoke coming out of the EGR? does it smell like antifreeze?

Old 11-14-2008, 05:34 PM

Thats what I was thinking I believe it gave the engine some compression back and the connection rod bearing gave out, this really does suck because I just re placed the intake gasket. I almost thought about not putting that crap in. Oh well Ill run it to its dead I guess It still stays cool and i dont think im losing water yet, and it still runs strong while driving

Old 11-14-2008, 05:36 PM

no its coming out the exhaust, but the water is clear, is it suppose to be green since I have 50/50 in it. plus its like 50 degrees so im not sure if its just because its cold or not

Old 11-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Starting Member

no its coming out the exhaust
doesn't matter, same question: does it smell like antifreeze?

Old 11-14-2008, 05:40 PM

umm I dont think so, could this just be the EGR and where is the EGR on this thing

Old 11-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Starting Member

umm I dont think so, could this just be the EGR and where is the EGR on this thing
is it truly WHITE smoke, or is it more of a grey, rich smoke?

WHITE smoke indicates steam, indicates antifreeze, most likely indicates head gasket issues ... you're pretty much always going to smell antifreeze in white smoke if it's present in any kind of real volume.

grey or black smoke is more likely oil.

Quick Reply: OMG that NO-SMOKE just killed my truck