1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

something is bad

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 12:09 AM
blazercrazy1617 is on a distinguished road
Default something is bad

go people i bought this blazer in sep it has been running fine until like a week ago i put all new plugs and wires but the wires i have on it right now my friend gave me he had the same blazer but scrip it bc the computer went bad so they sat out for like 3 months in the rain snow and whatever else it did but they seem to be fine will here is the problem that I'm have right now now it seem like it is have a low miss or something i really dont kno i have been told many things by many people and i have tryed the things that they tell me so the problem i think it mit be is the cat maybe be bad bc i smell rotting eggs sometimes and funny smells other time i start but when you stop it start to shake i little i put new cap and button and a new fuel filter and i stop a little but is doing it still but now when i stop it dead on me every time unless i power brake it and now i dont have to it is getting all the gas it needs that i know of but if you have any guess and problem solver then tell me willing to try any thing that will not cost me a arm and a leg thanks for you time and have a good new year

Old 12-29-2009, 12:41 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Double check the connections on both ends of the wires to be sure they are on tight. Then, when it is dark, lightly mist the wires with water and see if there is any blue light coming from them. If so, the wires are bad.
A rotten egg smell is one sign of a bad catalytic converter.
BTW, that post was just plain painful to read. Please use punctuation, capitalizations, and paragraphs in your posts. It makes trying to understand what you're asking a lot easier.