1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Squeeking sound while driving

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2009, 08:24 AM
94BlazerKid is on a distinguished road
Default Squeeking sound while driving

There is a slight squeaking sound while i drive, not continuous...more like a squeak...squeak...squeak. and the faster i go, the faster it does it...when i ease into the breaks, the noise stops...actually whenever i hit the breaks it stops...could it be the belt? if not what else could cause this?

Old 05-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like it might just be the brake pads dragging on the rotor.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:20 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

this may sound stupid, but mine did it for a while. Check you back hatch window. If the bolts are loose or the weather stripping is old it will do it. the driving and wind cause the window to make a squeaky noise as you drive. it wasnt constant and it stopped when i braked due to the pressure stopping the movement. Its quick and easy to check plus its not a big deal if thats all it is

Old 05-10-2009, 03:12 PM
mech cb is on a distinguished road

LOL! I'd never think of that. How'd you figure that one out?

Old 05-10-2009, 04:08 PM
Starting Member
86Blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

it is the brake pads. my 86 was doing the same thing and i went ahead and changed out the pads and rotors and the squeeking went away.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:21 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mech cb
LOL! I'd never think of that. How'd you figure that one out?
lil kids in the back seat screaming that the cargo bay was being to noisy, then i put a towel between the window and cab on each side and it stopped. then i just had to figure out a more permanent fix

Old 05-12-2009, 08:24 PM
pshaw54 is on a distinguished road

wheel bearings?

Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Check your U-joints.

Old 05-12-2009, 11:41 PM
Beginning Member
muszyngr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default same exact problem

had the same problem, squeeking noise, strange because it was the brake pads, however you would think if that's what it was it should have squeeked when the brakes were applied but it didn't. It was the metal piece that rubs when your pads get really low, I just bent it back a bit because I had about 1/4 inch of pad left, and it was even wear and I but the pads back on, no more noise.

then I snapped a lug when putting the wheels back on, I swear my Blazer does not like to be fixed

Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member
joeroket is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by boomtruck97
this may sound stupid, but mine did it for a while. Check you back hatch window. If the bolts are loose or the weather stripping is old it will do it. the driving and wind cause the window to make a squeaky noise as you drive. it wasnt constant and it stopped when i braked due to the pressure stopping the movement. Its quick and easy to check plus its not a big deal if thats all it is
Thanks for posting this. I have the exact same squeaking noise from the rear glass. When I payed attention to it the other day I found that applying the break caused the squeaking to stop. The bolts are all tight so I may try a lube spray on the weather stripping before I spend money to replace it.

Quick Reply: Squeeking sound while driving