1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Time for thinking cap

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 06:54 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Typically a puff of blue at start up is a sign of oil leak past a valve seal.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:18 PM
Beginning Member
bondable is on a distinguished road

going to go over the engine and probably replace the valve seals on Saturday, so far its going strong.
I am enjoying the power from the little 4.3 and the jeep enjoys the speeds.

Old 05-21-2015, 06:13 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Might want to check maximum fuel pump output pressure and leakdown at the fuel filter outlet. If the Jeep pump doesn't meet the requirements, you'll have problems. This link explains:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...eakdown-88305/

Old 06-02-2015, 12:35 AM
Beginning Member

its not the regular jeep pump, I installed a new electric pump instead.
Seems like the gremlin is back again with the injection system....put 800 miles on it then problems .....stuck on the side of the road again, throw fuel into intake and it runs but can only do 45 miles an hour..any faster then dies and wont start till I throw fuel into intake again.
Looks like another spider issue.
Damn this is starting to make me upset, will know for sure when I tear it apart in a couple days. I have used re manufactured parts from Autoline, wondering if i should go New instead.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:07 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

What were the results from the fuel pressure tests?

Old 06-02-2015, 10:28 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by captain hook
what were the results from the fuel pressure tests?
65 psi at the valve havent looked for leakdown yet, started raining and not stopping..lol

Old 06-03-2015, 01:15 AM
07nhbpsi is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bondable
its not the regular jeep pump, I installed a new electric pump instead.
Seems like the gremlin is back again with the injection system....put 800 miles on it then problems .....stuck on the side of the road again, throw fuel into intake and it runs but can only do 45 miles an hour..any faster then dies and wont start till I throw fuel into intake again.
Looks like another spider issue.
Damn this is starting to make me upset, will know for sure when I tear it apart in a couple days. I have used re manufactured parts from Autoline, wondering if i should go New instead.
Don't go placing blame on the spider Assy. Just yet.....first u need to 'properly' test the fuel pressure and leak down........

Old 06-03-2015, 04:16 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 07nhbpsi
Don't go placing blame on the spider Assy. Just yet.....first u need to 'properly' test the fuel pressure and leak down........
I know I know......just feeling frusterated over this trouble I'm having...Side note went out tested again and no pressure at the valve, where does it end.

Maybe I should consider getting a newer engine with upgraded fuel injection system, only went with this due to the fact I bought the whole Blazer for 400.00 bucks and I would have everything I needed for the swap.

Old 06-03-2015, 04:54 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Dude, its take about 2-3 hours tops to change the spider. You dont need a new engine

Old 06-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by newguy
Dude, its take about 2-3 hours tops to change the spider. You dont need a new engine
Only feeling frustrated because of the constant spider problems and being an older engine the thought of doing another newer one was starting to sound good.
Now I am off to get a new fuel pressure tester, the pin to push the valve is missing...lol explains no pressure.

will update later tomorrow.
Oh ya i have it down to 45 min to swap a spider, it does get easier.

Quick Reply: Time for thinking cap