1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Vacuum Help

Old 10-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Corey.Sturm is on a distinguished road
Default Vacuum Help

Hi,
I need some help. I haven't found mush on the web. I had to do some distributor work to my 93 chevy S10 Blazer. Its a 4 wheel drive 4.3 vortec W.
There is a small cluster of vacuum lines that are located somewhere behind or around the distributor. While doing the work i noticed that the rubber connecters that connect to what seems to be a 5 port vacumm joint where rotted. I ran out of money and had to take a break from it. Now I dont remember how they go back on this connecter. The only thing I can tell is where they come from. One of them I think connects to the transfer case one connects to the windshield whipper tank, one connects to what I am assuming to be the vacuum tank. (its a back ball on the pass side towards the front) and then there are 2 very thin plastic lines, one feeds into the fire wall and the other I'm not sure I just know that it goes down towards the block. I need help figuring out where they go in the 5 port connecter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 10-16-2011, 05:01 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

there should be one that connects to the intake is that one there ?

Old 10-16-2011, 05:55 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

It doesnt matter where they connect on there, IOW no specific order. Do it however is neatest.

Like Gi'anni sez.. important thing is the line to manifold port.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

I'll just add ... keep the vacuum lines out of anything related to the washer fluid.

There's usually a little round thing in those vac lines too - that's a one-way check valve to prevent vacuum from leaking immediately out of the orb, or canister, as soon as you shut off the engine. You can figure out which way is blocked by blowing thru it. Whichever side you cannot blow through is the side that should face the orb.

Old 10-19-2011, 06:03 PM

OK, so does that vacuum tree connect to the block?

Old 10-19-2011, 06:09 PM

The line to the manifold port... that must be the biggest end of the tree. There is a rubber line that comes from down between the block and fire wall although I'm not sure what it is. I thought for sure it was to the 4 wheel drive. Is this what it is? I know its hard to tell without seeing it. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:51 PM
Starting Member
burning_soul07 is on a distinguished road

Basically this one line your talking about should come out of the intake monifold and go to a "T" fitting. At this fitting it will go to multiple things. The "T" should have a line going down to the transfer case directly down from the middle of the engine down. It should have one line going to the vacuum ball that stores the vacuum, on mine off that there is another T that goes to the cruise control, that may be the one your kinda seeing goes to the washer fluid but maybe crossed the lines while following it. <b>Do not connect the washer fluid to the vacuum lines!!! The washer fluid should go to the sprayers.<b>

The one that goes to the transfer case has another one that comes back up to under the battery tray, check the link in my signature for more info on this.

So you should have it like this:

Manifold------------T -------One line goes to the vacuum orb--------another line goes to the HVAC-----------another line goes to the transfer case---------the last line should go to the cruise control.

Hope I can be of help, I have never seen a CPI but there all kinda set up the same.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:06 PM

@Burning_soul07
Thank you thank you thank you. That gave me exactly what I needed.

Old 07-31-2012, 05:11 PM
Starting Member
subctures10 is on a distinguished road

So you should have it like this:

Manifold------------T -------One line goes to the vacuum orb--------another line goes to the HVAC-----------another line goes to the transfer case---------the last line should go to the cruise control.

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but didnt want to start another one jsut for this question...I just bought this 93 blazer, and after work was done to the motor there defrost&bottom vents only blow and there is no cruise control....so I followed the lines, one is going to the vacuum ball, one is going to the transfer case, and the other two go down the firewall and under the truck? Is that where the hvac and cruise control is? Im trying to figure all this out..thanks for your help guys