1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

weird stuff lately...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:45 PM
deegan26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default weird stuff lately...

Okay so i have a 96 blazer 4wd v6. Ive been having some trouble with the transmission lately so i was following the guide made on the fourm for common failures, and the first step was to replace the TPS (because p0122 was coming on anyway so i thought id kill two birds with one stone). I did and i also grounded the transmission to the frame (it didnt fix the problem) and then the SES light started coming on again for P0122. its a brand new TPS and i don't see any wires cut or loose or anything like that. and then a little while ago p1406 started coming on so i changed the EGR valve with one my dad had laying around for a job he did and that truck didn't need it. now between those two codes the truck idles around 2100 rpm in park and neutral and 1100 rpm in drive even when fully warmed up. and sometimes it will start, sputter and die. And to top off this angry sundae when I'm on the highway it will have a sputter, buck, slipping sorta feeling while driving and the ABS light will flash off and on and so will the Parking Brake light. I know the ABS is dead (the light is always on) and i don't really care about that cause its not worth the money fixing it because i don't believe ABS helps anything but mechanics and part makers pockets. Any ideas? (the only thing i did differently recently was seafoam the engine and it felt like it ran smoother right after i did it)

Old 01-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

Straight from our Tech Article (DIY) DTC section:
P0122 - Throttle Position Sensor Circuit Low Voltage
P1406 - EGR Valve Pintle Position Circuit

Rather than just throwing parts at it, give the diagnostic steps provided in those links a try. You might also want to actually ohm out the wiring between the sensors and the PCM to make sure that you do not have an intermittent connection somewhere. Wiring can look brand new and still be broken inside the insulation.