1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

Wiring Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 12:30 PM
CBurkeJr is on a distinguished road
Default Wiring Problem

Hey guys,
I noticed that this seems to be the place if you have questions about your blazer and its issues. I just got a 94 blazer tahoe. Everything was great, then one day last week i noticed a tied bundle of black and gray wire hanging from just below the hood release. Then i realized that the dome light, the cigarette lighter and the back window release button weren't working, so i put two and two together. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where the wires should be reconnected to near/into the fuse box. I looked under there and really just realized there were way to many possiblities for me to just start shoving wires into open holes and hoping for the best!! If anyway one could back to me THanks alot, that would be great!!

CJ

Old 05-11-2009, 12:53 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

im going to start this out so that we can help you just a lil better. I see that this is your first post so let me know a lil about how good you are with mechanics? Are you formilliar with wiring diagrams? Can you use / do you have a multi meter for testing electrical circuits? How well do you know how to work on your vehicle now? Im not trying to make you look good or bad here, we all started somewhere, but it would help us help you if we knew the best way to explain things to you.

Reason being that if your an experienced person at this then i could just post a wiring diagram and thats done. if this is your first time working on a vehicle then i would explain step by step and try to get some pics to help.

Let me know, and welcome to the forum.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:05 PM
CBurkeJr is on a distinguished road
Default thanks for getting back to me

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a bit of a novice when it c omes to mechanics, I've done small things like oil changes and tune ups, changing rack and pinions etc. The guy a bought the Blazer from was a mechanic, so everything about it is in pretty good condition. No repairs needed really, some minor body work. I don't know about wiring though. So any info you could give me would be great! Thanks a lot!

CJ

Old 05-21-2009, 01:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have any pictures? Where do the wires lead back to? Into a main harness or do they look like something that was added later on?

With the complexity of the wiring in these trucks (a 1st gen is not as complex as the 2nd gen though), it is very difficult for us to determine what you are talking about from just a few wire colors unless we have the same vehicle as you. Your descriptions and pictures (if possible) greatly aid in our ability to help you!