1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

yet another problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 03:12 PM
juan8w1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yet another problem

ok guys where to begin? first i had a bad gas smell from the exhaust found i had a bad cpi spyder replaced it , after replacing the spyder i go to crank a truck i had been driving up until the gas smell problem . my wife turns the key and it spins a few times and stops . i look around and from what i guessed and others its the starter i go and get another starter replace it and oh snap .. its doing the same thing i notice that it whould try and crank but get to a cer tain point and lock down i mean you cant t run it which was making the starter appear to be bad you turn it by hand and get pass that certain place and it turns freely until it gets back to it and it locks up again ,,,, i am thinking i have turned an incert.... am i wrong or is this yet another regular blazer problem ... ??? how do you turn an incert over night and in your own front yard, and if this is something simple, and i did something wrongwhich is making it do this . i will donate 200.00 i just wont to drive my truck again any advice or comments please advise ???

Old 11-11-2008, 03:18 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: yet another problem

It was a little hard to folllow your post, but it sounds like you may have gotten enough fuel into one or more cylinders (if the spider was leaking badly) to lock the engine (liquids don't compress). Try removing the spark plugs one at a time and see if fuel comes out of any of the cylinders.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: yet another problem

No donations required! LOL

Definitely pull the plugs and see if the engine turns over freely on the starter. I am of the same opinion as Rich that you have filled one of the cylinders with fuel.

Do not forget to change your oil!