2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

01 Blazer has weak air flow from heater, new blower motor, new control module

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Beginning Member
unpredictable1 is on a distinguished road
Default 01 Blazer has weak air flow from heater, new blower motor, new control module

I have no problem with the temps, it blows really hot.

I can select the speed and it goes from low to high as it should, I can change directional as well. I pulled down the glove box and all the vacuum levers seem to be working fine, no binding or debris to be found.

I have a new blower motor, and a new blower motor control module (I have auto climate).

When you turn the dial to high speed from low, the air coming out of vents increases from low setting but it's far from adequate.

Any ideas? Could a clogged heater core do this somehow?

Last edited by unpredictable1; 09-23-2014 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:38 AM
Beginning Member

Is there a way without removing the dash to see if there's debris in the heater core area?

Old 09-30-2014, 11:38 PM
Beginning Member

Ok, so I think I may have a combination of blend door and/or temp door problem.

While driving today and the heater on hot and set to dash vents - it gets really hot like it should but not moving the volume of air like you'd want, and I cycled the direction to the defrost setting.

After driving like this for about 10 mins I start to slow down for an exit and I notice that the heat is now starting to come out the dash vents and stays there till I start messing with the directional ***** and even then it takes a while to go back to it's proper setting...

I then try adjusting the temp control and it slowly goes down to warm from hot, and takes even longer to go back to hot when I set the dial back.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:43 PM
Aeromaster is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a blend door has broke loose internally. when mine broke all my air was going to the defrost. A wire hanger shoved up the driver side floor vent got it unjamed but now I have no floor venting. Cold feet in the winter. I better get on that fix. Winter is rolling around again. Funny how you don't think about these things when its warm out...

Old 10-11-2014, 05:56 PM
Starting Member
lbrowne is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm thinking it can also be the actuator.

Does anyone know if there's more than one actuator for the hvac system? I know of the one that's in the glove box area.

Old 10-15-2014, 08:27 PM
Beginning Member

Is there a way to confirm this? I don't want to chuck the cash for a new part and it not being the problem...

Old 10-29-2014, 11:14 AM
Beginning Member

Does anyone know what the actuator is called is under the dash where the center console meets the lower dash? It controls the air directional and from the videos I saw online - I have this problem too.

Even with the hvac turned off, heat still comes through the vents. (or cool if I have it set to cool)

Old 10-30-2014, 02:01 PM
Beginning Member

Maybe my posts are invisible here lol but I have the name and part number incase anyone is wondering, ACDelco GM Original Equipment 15-72684 for the vacuum unit under the dash near the driver right foot area. Seems to be commonly called HVAC Panel Mode Door Actuator.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:35 AM
akaSPITTYBAYS is on a distinguished road

Your not invisible. Its just such a common problem that everybody thinks someone else will get it.
Go to the homepage and in the Google box type in blend door actuator or mode door actuator and you can read all-day on how to fix.
Good luck, pita but just time.
spitty.

Old 11-01-2014, 12:03 AM
Beginning Member

I agree it's common, but most of the posts don't turn up part numbers so I figured I'd put mine in for the sake of someone searching like me down the road.

Quick Reply: 01 Blazer has weak air flow from heater, new blower motor, new control module