2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

100% loss of Oil pressure, and oil.!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 02:44 PM
Ak95Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 100% loss of Oil pressure, and oil.!

I went to a doctors appointment yesterday, and when i turned into the lot, my check guages light came on, doin a quick search i saw my oil pressure drop from 60psi to absolute 0psi, so i parked immediately so I wouldn't tear it up. when i shut it down and looked under the front, oil was dripping profusely from where the filter is, so i opened the service hatch and checked the filter, didn;t have any tools but it was tigherter than my hand could turn it either way. so i thought bad gasket. Cleaned the filter with a rag so i could see if there was a gasket leak, turend the truck on for a second so oil would flow out, and then shut it down again.
When i ran to the front to look, oil was GUSHING out of the bottom, so i crawled back under to check the filter, and the damned thing was clean as new, but the oil was coming from somwhere on the drivers side of the filter, when i tried to see, i couldnt, butnoticed everything in the drivers front wheel well was hosed with oil, and i mean -everything-
I have no idea what caused it, the truck was fine up until i turend that corner. If you know what it is, it would be greatly appreciated because I work 15 miles from my job and it sorta sucvks catching a cab that far out.

Old 01-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 100% loss of Oil pressure, and oil.!

You blew a line. Now hopefully you did not waste a bearing by running the motor with no oil pressure. It was not a good idea to start it back up...

Old 01-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Byte Stryke is an unknown quantity at this point

there is a pair of oil cooler lines that run from that filter assy (or nearby) to the radiator.
I would concur with Kyle that you have lost one of those lines....
they come as a pair and are relatively cheap.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Theyre leaky anyway, consider it a needed repair either way

Old 01-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Starting Member
95Blzr is an unknown quantity at this point

You can get the line at pep boys or advance auto for under or around $40. If you go to pepboys or autozone print out the quote from advance and bring it with you to price match.

Also I don't know if you have a 4x4. Assuming you do make sure you narrow down which line it is. Either From the block to the oil cooler(very fun to replace ) or the oil cooler to the radiator.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you have the oil cooler in the driver side radiator tank, plan on replacing both of the line sets just to be double sure that you do not have this problem again.

If you are handy with brazing, you can do what I have done in the past. Braze on hydraulic fittings and then have hydraulic lines made up. It is not cheaper than buying the aftermarket lines, but it will likely never fail again in the vehicles life!