2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1995 chevy blazer need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 01:40 PM
spinne2689 is on a distinguished road
Default 1995 chevy blazer need help

hi Im new to this site and i have a 95 blazer 2dr 4x4 i was driving it and it died well now its sitting in my front yard and at first it wouldn't turn over even after a new starter and diffrent batteries so i thought it was ceased i took the timing chain off and my freind for some reason tried cranking it over and its not ceased both gears in the timing chain move so could it be my timing chain that slipped and if so how do i get the timing right when i buy the new part

Old 05-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tested for power getting to the starter before and during cranking? Could have burnt out the fusible link between the battery positive post and the starter main power post.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:34 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

why the hell would you crank over the engine with the starter, when the timing chain was removed? hope you didn't bend anything.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:32 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... I glossed right over that part.

The 4.3L is a non-interference engine so no damage should have occurred if the engine was cranked over without the timing chain.

You should be able to just line up the dots on the crank & cam gears and reinstall the timing set.

Old 05-12-2010, 12:10 PM

the starter does get power n i didn't start it a friend did but any ways so it can be the timing chain that could make it not turn over (causing a ceased type effect) when the timing is off not taken off but skipped n now off and the crank shaft is not turning by hand is that usual thank you for your help

Old 05-14-2010, 04:41 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

i think your second post is more confusing than the first one! (use some kind of punctuation please).

let me get this straight............you believe that the timing chain skipped somehow, and for whatever reason, the engine will NOT turn over, period.

but it turned over with the starter before?

as it stands now, you have removed the timing chain, and the engine still won't turn over? will the engine rotate in either direction?

you should list (in point form) what exactly you have done-FROM START TO FINISH, just so we know what state the engine is at, and what you've tried to do.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:57 PM

I have the timing all put back together and the engine starts and it runs and everything, but now I have a new problem. I started the truck and was driving it down the road about 2 or 3 miles when it started a clanking noise coming from the front of the truck where the pulleys are. So I am going to tear it back down and redo it from the start and see if maybe I didn't put something on tight enough. If anyone has any suggestions about what it may be then please let me know...

To Old School Luvr... Is that good enough punctuation for you? You dont have to be so nasty to people who post in this forum. We are all human and make mistakes every now and then as I am sure you do too.