2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

squeaks

Old 12-08-2011, 12:04 PM
Starting Member
jayj99jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default squeaks

alright, i may be trying to beat a dead horse trying to resolve a squeaky GM product. but for some reason squeaks and rattles are irritating to me, and im sure there are one or 2 people who agree. i can handle most rattles and stuff because i know these jimmys/blazers ride fairly rough and truck like, so its expected rough roads will do that. what im hearing that im here for is a squeaky rattle. i only say the word rattle because i dont know what else to say. its just a pulsing squeaky chatter i guess when im driving even on the freeway, if its not smooth. has anyone here with a 2nd gen blazer/other located this squeak? to me it sounds like something in the back of the vehicle. i have the spare tire mounted inside my trunk, not on the rear hatch. is it possible the metal bracket that is tightened against the spare tire could be causing metal on metal squeak? i dont really know where to start but if anyone here has located this sound and resolved it i'd love to know myself so i can drive in peace and quiet. currently the only way ive quieted it down is by turning my radio up. but id like to figure it out sooner than later =P

Old 12-08-2011, 04:19 PM
Beginning Member
blazer chris is on a distinguished road

I have a squeek in the back hatch ,i heard that some guys put electrical tape around the latch but i havent tried that , another thing to look at is the parking brake cable support by the rear tire on the drivers side it might be wearing on the support !!! As far as riding rough i just saw a write up where a guy would jack the back of the truck up and seperate the leafs on the springs and put lube or grease in there to let them slide better (dont put your fingers in there), i heard it works !! good luck