2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2001 Chevy Blazer Problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 03:45 PM
shelmack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2001 Chevy Blazer Problems

My check engine light is on steady. When accelerating or going up hill it flashes. I have changed plugs, wires, distr. cap, fuel filter, MAF sensor and this doesn't help. Any suggestionswould be appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:35 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: 2001 Chevy Blazer Problems

have you checked the codes? i would have done that before replacing the MAF sensor hoping for a fix.

autozone will check the codes for free if you dont have access to a code reader

this would recieve a LOT more attention if it were in the appropriate section. it would also be more helpful if you put your truck info in your signature.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

I agree with the above. You really shouldn't just take to replacing components without taking a look at what the PCM is telling you is wrong. Especially the $$$ MAF sensor...

Old 11-26-2007, 11:46 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

I've always heard that if the Check Engine light starts blinking it's not safe to keep driving the vehicle. You could always just buy your on Code Scanner, they go for 50-60.00 especially now with the holiday sales. I purchased one and it has saved me alot of trips to Autozone.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:19 PM
Beginning Member
ldkronos is an unknown quantity at this point

It could be as simple as the fuel cap not being on right. And by not right, I don't simply mean you didn't tighten it. I've had it before where it didn't seat properly. The light came on and I was worried. Checked this forum and found the gas cap suggestion. I went and checked the cap (tried to crank it down tighter) and it was as tight as it would go. The light stayed on for 2 days. Before I could get a chance to check the trouble codes, I filled up with gas, and about 5 miles later the light went off (the error codes seem to take several miles to clear out). I'm positive the gas cap was tight when I checked a few days earlier (it was clicking when I turned it), but obviously that was it. It must have not been seated properly or something.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A flashing CEL is bad... That means that there are events occuring in the engine that could cause severe damage. If you ever get a flashing CEL, the vehicle should be parked. If that is not an option, then gingerly drive it until you can get the problem repaired. Typically a flashing CEL means that the PCM is detecting violent misfires that are out of it's control.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I thpought my owners manual said when the CEL is flashing it means the emissions system has been deactivated.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:54 AM
Administrator

This is the page out of the owner's manual for my old Bravada:

^^CLICK for larger view^^