2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2001 Blazer O2 Sensor Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Majew10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2001 Blazer O2 Sensor Question

Hey Everybody,

My check engine light has been on for awhile and I went to Autozone to get a diagnostic test done to see what was wrong. The code that came back was

P0141
O2 Sensor Heater
Circuit Malfunction
(Bank 1 Sensor 2).

Can anyone tell me the location of the O2 Sensor. I believe its in the front passenger side right after the catalytic converter.

Thanks,
Joe

Old 01-27-2008, 07:12 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 2001 Blazer O2 Sensor Question

ONLY replace it with an AC Delco. DO NOT use any other brand!! You WILL have a come back if you don't use the AC Delco!! I have replaced a TON of aftermarket sensors on GM trucks when they don't replace them with an OEM sensor!! Now as for the placement of the sensor, if you have a sensor just before the cat then that is the one, otherwise, yes it is the one just after the cat. I just looked it up on All-Data, and it was not very clear, and I cannot remember if this truck uses 3 or 4 sensors. HTH and good luck

Old 01-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

This will be the post cat sensor on an '01. In '98, they did away with the pre-cat emissions monitoring sensor, but it is a crap shoot as to whether the code will be for the B1S2 or B1S3 sensor on the systems that only employ 3 sensors.

The first thing that I would do is clear the code and see if it returns. This sensor is for emissions monitoring only and will not impact the performance of the vehicle. Unhook the battery for 10 minutes or so and then go back to life as normal. If the same code returns, replace the sensor with a genuine AC Delco sensor! I have seen first hand what new aftermarket sensors show for activity back to back with what a new AC Delco sensor shows and IMO the other brands should not even be considered!

Old 01-27-2008, 07:53 PM

does autozone or advanced auto sell AC Delco sensors?

Old 01-27-2008, 08:09 PM

this would work corrrect?

Long Link to NapaOnline

Old 01-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

NO, that is a Bosch sensor, go to the dealer and buy an AC Delco!! Will cost you a couple more bucks, but will be WAY worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-27-2008, 08:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

First word of advice I can give is to reset the code and wait for it to come back.

Second is to check out ACDelco.com and see if there isn't a parts store close to you. If that doesn't work out, be informed of what the going price for these sensors are (check out RockAuto.com and GMPartsDirect.com) and then go to the dealer. Don't take the price that they quote, simply state that you can get it from either of these sources for their listed price. I would rather support the local dealer parts counter, but I don't want to fund the owners kid through college when I pay for parts. I'll pay a bit more than the online stores for the convenience of picking the parts up that day, but I don't want to be bent over a barrel.

Old 01-28-2008, 09:08 AM

can you give me a price range I may pay If I go to a Chevy dealership

Old 01-28-2008, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Must be too busy to check the two sites I mentioned and linked to above...

Your exhaust pipe should look something like this:

The sensor you need is the same regardless of position. AC Delco AFS105 or GM part number 25312200. RockAuto.com cost of $58.79. GMPD.com cost of $76.58 with a GM list of $147.26. Parts4chevys.com cost of $92.04. Go through the process and see what the final cost and delivery time would be from RockAuto.com. Use that as the price you want the dealer to hit. If they don't, walk away. I would say that they should be around $80 from the dealer, but should be around $60 from an AC Delco retailer if you have one close by.

That is the last advice I'll give in this thread unless I start getting actually listened to. I hate repeating myself and will not do it again in this thread. I'm trying to help you save money and get the problem fixed if it really is a problem, but if what I suggest isn't done, well... Your loss.

Reset the code first and foremost.

If it comes back, check out ACDelco.com and see if you have any parts stores close. If you do, that is your cheapest, fastest, and best bet for any of these components.

I picked up 2 AFS105 sensors for a bit under $130 from the local AC Delco retail parts store when I had my Bravada.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:50 AM

sorry I'm really not a car expert. I did check rockauto and gmpd but when it lists 4 or 5 sensors I wasn't sure which one I needed. I found a place around here that sells AC Delco parts. Thank you for the help, I'm sorry I pissed you off...didn't mean to.

Quick Reply: 2001 Blazer O2 Sensor Question