2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 power seats now working

Old 04-20-2008, 09:57 PM
Beginning Member
2blzers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 power seats now working

95 power seats weren't working, used some of the ideas here to fix. just wanted to elaborate. underneath carpet there is one power connection to your seat. one black wire and one orange in same clip follow these wires forward and they go to a butt connecter with 2 other orange wires and 2 other black wires coming from the area where the back of the seat would be. follow them fowards and each set connects to a single orange and black about the area your heal pivots on floor when going from gas tobrakes. the connections are hiddenin plastic tube on your floor board but unless you cut that open you wouldnt see rusted connection in my case the orange side where butt connection "was" it rusted completely away.not saying this is your problem just wanted to give you my story.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 95 power seats now working

Yea, I guess us people with the Blazers encounter almost identical problems. lol I had a very similar problem. One day I wanted to adjust my driver's seat and noticed it wasn't working. I then went to my mechanic and he tested the fuses and they were fine. He then decided to pull back my driver side carpet, where he found a very thick bunch of wires. They were sealed as you mentioned, and when he opened it up, he found that the wires were also rotted out. He wired them back together, and taped it up completely, and my power seat was working fine again. The only thing I still haven't been able to fix, is that for some reason, that same drivers side carpet is always wet after it rains. I have a leak somewhere, and we still haven't been able to find it. The leak is what caused those wires to rot out. I do have a hole in the firewall, which is used for all of my after market accessories, and it does not have a grommet on it. I haven't sealed with silicone yet, but I am not exactly sure if that is where the leak is coming from.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:09 PM
Beginning Member
2blzers is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks,I will have to check for leaks. we had a bad wisconsin winter and plenty of salt and snow overloaded the floor mats!! and it just doesnt dry under there. looked for these same broken wires 2 weeks earlier and was wet still after the 2 weeks!! our 2001 had leak right on 4wd control module. poured rubber roofing cement down that side after taking black deco piece off by windshield. I guess the connections are just in a bad spot and prone to corrosion.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:28 PM
caables is an unknown quantity at this point

i have the same problem w/ my 95 4 wheel drive blazer.. i called my buddy who is a service mgr at chevy place and he said the same thing.. so im gonna pull it all out next day i get off and look.. my floors under my carpet are also wet.. dont know where theres a leak bc the hole u mentioned is dry as everything and my seals are dry also.. im thinkin just gettin in and out w/ wet feet.. im probably just gonna get some heavy vinly and silicone and duct tape to cure that though.. make due w/ what u have lol

Old 12-21-2008, 03:30 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

Same issue here with my '95.
Was the usual orange wire,and problem was found rusted out right under where left foot sits while driving.I just soldered new section of wire and end of issue.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:19 AM
caables is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the heads up bout the orange wire.. im looking foward to fixin mine on the 24th and 25th when im off work next.. thanks for the help

Old 12-30-2008, 12:55 AM
Arkinsik is an unknown quantity at this point

Well this sounds like it will fix my problem with the seat not working. Thanks for the post, I'm sure it saved me some time tracking down the problem. I look forward to driving more comfortable now. I will look into it on my next day off.[sm=thanx.gif][sm=thanx.gif]