Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-23-2007, 06:32 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk
Default RE: 2004 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer No Radiator Drain Plug

Those drains are in the block and haven't changed since '85 for the most part.

The picture posted in the first post here shows the petcock as it has been since '96, but maybe they have it sealed off inside. Still looks like it has the 1/4 turn features in the extension... That is very odd that they would remove it...
Old 12-23-2007, 04:16 PM
BF Veteran

Chevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the roughChevy Lover is a jewel in the rough

You're absolutely right Kyle, I should get more sleep.

I was looking at the manual for draining the rad and those were the pics thaey showed. I guess what they were suggesting is that you drain the block because there is no radiator petcock, as Koreyhas previously stated.
I think I'd go with Tims' suggestion to pull the lower rad hose.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish, and he will sit on a boat drinking beer for a life time

The '74 Blazer convertible, new exhaust
http://www.youtube.com/user/hdharley.../9/BZySHHznFTs
Old 12-24-2007, 04:46 AM

BTJustice is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Kordog

You will not find a pet-**** on these newer ones. GM for some reason has left them out of the factory radiators. I ahve run into quite a few GMs now that have the provision for it, but do not have it drilled out for a plug. HTH
I guess they want people to get frustrated with working on their GM vehicles so they start bring them to the dealership so GM can pay out all the pensions.

I still wonder what the smaller thing sticking out of the right side of the pet-**** pictured in the original post is.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:57 AM

BTJustice is an unknown quantity at this point

Looking at the picture closely you will notice the groove for the metal pin used on the white plastic drain plug is not completely cut out either. I understand what has been said about the 1/4" fitting, but that is usually on the white plastic drain plug itself that would stick out of the pet-****. In this case, there is no plug apparently and nothing to turn with the 1/4" extension.

I also changed the coolant out in a 2003 S-10 which looked like the picture above except it had the white plastic drain plug sticking out of it (which I carefully removed and replaced with a black plastic aftermarket thumb-turn version). It didn't have the smaller thing sticking out of the right side of the pet-**** as pictured above either.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

The smaller thing sticking out the side is the actual drain. The 1/4 turn white peice of plastic normally seals this off when it is turned in. Once turned out, it will uncover the port and drain. The 'nipple' is there so that you can slide over a piece of tubing and direct the coolant where you need to.

Seems GM liked to mess around with this... Odd. Penny pinching at its best. You know an engineer didn't make the decision to remove such a thing.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:44 PM

Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

Kyle, I am not 100% sure when they started that pet-**** delete, but I have seen it on allot of new cars of all makes. It is very annoying, but from what I have heard from my radiatior suppliers is they are doing that because the leaking from the pet-***** have been too much ofa problem so they eliminated it all together. I don't know if that is true or not, but it does make sense, at least on chryslers, because those pet-***** SUCK!!! They almost always leak after removing them.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:44 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
2004, 98, blazer, chevy, cocl, drain, flush, location, pet, petcock, photo, pictures, plug, radiator, s10, upfiles89307dd5103e2b244ade84100d2ad6c9f96fjpg