2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2004 chevy blazer full size Ecm -b fuse

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 09:59 AM
cno561 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy 2004 chevy blazer full size Ecm -b fuse

Please help me..I recently purchased this truck and it stalled on me.I found out the ecm b fuse was blown car will not start every time i turn ignition to on position fuse blows do not need to start the truck.I just need someone with experience to please point me in the right direction because right now i am in school and don't have much help. Please someone have the knowledge i need

Old 11-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The ECM-B fuse in your truck powers only the Fuel Pump Relay.

Old 11-10-2010, 08:12 AM

I disconnected my fuel pump relay to test if it was fuel pump but i believe there is an electronic short in my wiring.i have read a few forums on older models that say that there is an oil pressure switch connected inline but i cant find the darn thing i have a little experience in little 4 cylinder Honda motor i am a bit confused when it comes too trucks. but i reached under the vehicle an unhooked my fuel pump just to make sure my short wasnt inside the tank.i Do have a used fuel pump on standby but i truly believe there is a short elsewhere because i am pulling a huge draw somewhere well over 30 amps it really seems like a short to ground i dont even need to crank the car the fuse pops in the on position.is there any way that anyone has a diagram or pics or good instructions on oil sending unit. I think i have to remove the distributor.All advice is appreciated a little low on funds and trying to make this a d.i.y all help is greatly appreciated

Old 11-10-2010, 05:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your truck does not have the oil pressure switch inline so you don't have to worry about that.

There isn't going to be anything fun about trying to find an electrical short. It really isn't something that can be walked through in great detail. The problem could be anywhere between the fuse box and the pump or it could be the pump itself. I would start by disconnecting the pump and see if the problem persists. If it does, then you know you have a short in the wiring.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:01 AM

Are you 100% about that..because I was told by a buddy who has all data that the oil sending unit sends a signal to my fuel pump in the case of no oil pressure.there is supposedly a little orange wire that melts to the exhaust manifold i dont know i ll go with you because i have torn that darn truck up looking for it and cant find it.i really appreciate your quick responses but i think i am going to have to send it to a shop and let them scalp me i was hoping it would have been an easy fix