2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2004 Chevy Blazer 4x4 suv 4.3 vortec engine question

Old 03-24-2017, 12:19 AM
Washuchan is on a distinguished road
Question 2004 Chevy Blazer 4x4 suv 4.3 vortec engine question

Just the other day I got my hands on a good used 2004 chevy blazer 4x4 suv with the 4.3 v6 vortec motor. In the next few weeks my father and I will be doing some work to it and I would like to get a tech sheet or tech forum with the torque specs for the motor. First thing getting replace is the belt pulley and belt for it and I need torque specs for the belt pulley bolts and well torque specs on everything for that motor just in case for future work so my Father and I can be ready.

Just picked up this rig with 117k on it newer tires, new brakes, shocks and a few other little things. I am really shocked on how versatile this suv is. Its already set up for towing behind a motorhome and for a little suv how much it can tow itself.

Thanks for the time and help

Hopefully a long time chevy blazer 4x4 suv owner

Old 03-24-2017, 08:40 AM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Hi and welcome to the forum! Your enthusiasm shows and we like that! Is this your first vehicle? Sounds like a good father/son project.

Your best source for reliable reference info regarding specs, diagnosis, and repair procedures is published info provided by the factory. Forget the Haynes and Chilton's manuals from the auto parts stores - they are junk. Factory service manuals are available on Ebay and other places and are the gold standard. Unfortunately they are pretty expensive, even used. Alternatively, a lot of the same exact factory info (not all of it) is available at alldatadiy.com for a yearly subscription. ...and always keep in mind that just because someone says so in an Internet forum, it does not necessarily make it true. There is no substitute for your own research and understanding.

Here's the torque info on the drive belt tensioner, which I think is the part you are intending to replace. it is attached to the engine with a single bolt.

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE

1.Install the drive belt tensioner assembly. NOTICE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
2.Install the attaching bolt. Tighten the tensioner assembly bolt to 50 Nm (37 ft. lbs.).
3.Install the drive belt.

GM Performance :: View topic - Belt Tensioner Bolt Torque Spec On L31?

One final word of advice.... Keep your questions and info about your vehicle all in one thread (this one is just fine). Much better than creating a new thread each time you have a question or comment, since people who answer typically like to be able to review all things about your vehicle in one thread and see what has been done and/or answered before.

Best wishes

Last edited by LesMyer; 03-24-2017 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:53 AM
Washuchan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Hey thanks for the heads up lesmyer on the info I will look into that allatadiy.com later today.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:21 PM
LesMyer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Washuchan
Hey thanks for the heads up lesmyer on the info I will look into that allatadiy.com later today.
You're welcome!

Just noticed that you typo'd the alldata address and want you to be able to find it. It's alldatadiy.com