2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

8-Way Power seat not working

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Scooterewski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 8-Way Power seat not working

My Drivers seat is not operating...I have a short somewhere and unfortunately only know enough about electrical to be dangerous. I spliced the wires on the front motor to get the seat moved back and found that that particular motor is good, the switch has no power to it. I tried jumping power from the power lumbar,which was hot, to the 8-way and blew a fuse. any insight on this dilema would be much appreciated!!!! A diagram would be helpful.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 8-Way Power seat not working

Here's the diagram. I would check to make sure that you have power getting to the switch first and foremost.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:30 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

I have found in the past that it's been my experience the 12v is lost under foot-drivers side. Tear up the carpet and investigate the wires that go along the floor, under the drivers foot. Bet you'll find your problem here and will need to cut out the bad and re-splice, butt connect, etc. Good luck .JP

Old 03-21-2008, 06:16 PM

I will definately give that a try, Peru. There is absolutely no power at the switch, or the harness that the switch plugs into. when I try to jump power to the hot side of the switch, it blows a fuse....I'm gonna rip up the carpet a little further and investigate....Does anyone know f there is a fuseable link somewhere? Guess I should check the diagram, huh

Old 03-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There is just the POWER SEATS fuse as noted in the schematic.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:43 PM

all fuses are good....saving the harder work for tomorrow.....long day today...OH! Thanx for the schematic!

Old 03-26-2008, 03:15 PM
blzR is an unknown quantity at this point

What has transpired on this, Scooterewski ?

Old 03-26-2008, 09:16 PM

Nothing that I can find yet. This weekend I should have some answers......hopefully....I think I'm gonna test every motor seperately to see if there is one particular motor shorting out...I also have to pull a little carpet back and check that there are no broken wires underneath. Been working alot of hours this week. I'll post what I find this weekend though.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Beginning Member
Rogue7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I too have the problem with the power seat not working. The lumbar does not work as well. There appears to be two power feeds to the seat, one the feeds the seat movement switch and the other that feeds up to the lumbar switch. Both feeds have 10.9VDC present. I've ohmed the seat movement switch, and it appears to be fine. Not sure what to do next.

Old 04-06-2008, 12:20 PM

Yeah, I'm kinda stuck on it riight now, too. I really haven't looked at it too much. I ran into some other problems that needed attention first. Now with all of that out of the way, I should probably take a look at it. 10.9 volts? shouldn't you have more than that? 12-12.5?

Quick Reply: 8-Way Power seat not working