2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 blazer 4x4 with 6 codes

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Starting Member
95LS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 blazer 4x4 with 6 codes

P0172- read swartlkk's post on this and had no clue where to start. or what to even trouble shoot but ill start after i replace the 02 sensors.
P0137- assuming i have to replace the O2 sensor. i figure ill replace all of them at once and get it out of the way.
P0401- ill clean the EGR again. already has the screen filter
P1442- ill have to dig into that one a little deeper ( have no clue where the evap vac switch is at )
P0700- ???
P1100- double ???

any help with any of these would be appreciated.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

P0172 - Fuel Trim System Rich Bank 1
P0137 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
P0401 - Exhaust Gas Recirculation Flow Insufficient Detected
P1442 - EVAP Can. Purge Valve Diagnostic Switch or EVAP Vacuum Switch Circuit
P0700 - Transmission Control System (MIL Request)
P1100 - No matches...

Will update with more information when I get a chance with my other references.

I would be concerned about that rich bank 1 code. This can be caused by a fuel leak on the driver side of the lower intake manifold.

It is possible that the EGR code is being triggered due to the screen being plugged up with carbon deposits.

Old 05-13-2009, 07:34 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

i looked in my gm techling and couldnt find anything under those codes. Online with OBD code list p0700 comes up as: Transmission Control System (MIL Request) and p1100 comes in as Mass Air Flow Sensor Circuit Intermittent (or bad map sensor as what it says as i have been reading) try discounting your battery for 15 minutes and see if they go away

Old 05-13-2009, 07:35 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

ugh kyle 1 minute fast but o well your one of the best on here so better you the me haha

Old 05-13-2009, 07:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

P1442 - Purge Solenoid Switch Static Test Malfunction
Description: This diagnostic is performed as part of the purge solenoid diagnostic inhibit criteria and will detect a diagnostic vacuum switch stuck in the open (high vacuum) position.

This test can result in a fail if the wire from the switch to the VCM is shorted to ground. This wire is white and is located in the gray VCM connector pin 15.

As far as the P0700 and P1100, neither of these show as valid codes in my references.

Attached Thumbnails 95 blazer 4x4 with 6 codes-p1442_cpi_loc.gif  
Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Starting Member

i borrowed the auto xray from orileys and cleared the codes 2 times now with a few month gap. about 5-10 minutes later they pop up again. its always the same 6

Old 05-13-2009, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Try a different scan tool. Is your VCM/PCM located on the coolant bottle under the hood?

Old 05-14-2009, 08:42 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Try a different scan tool. Is your VCM/PCM located on the coolant bottle under the hood?
yeah they're on the passengers side. If i had a fuel leak from the lower intake manifold wouldn't i have a vacuum leak as well ? its acting like it doesn't have a vacuum leak (not running higher rpm's and no high pitch whistle) i haven't had the time to look for a gas leak.

Old 05-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Administrator

No, a fuel leak internal to the plenum does not mean you would also have a vacuum leak.

Old 05-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Starting Member

i was thinking it would leak to the outside my bad.

Quick Reply: 95 blazer 4x4 with 6 codes