2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 Blazer heater problem.

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 09:16 AM
Beginning Member
White954X4 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the pic countryfolk. I might have to try that, that was my next thing if the thermostat was good. But as I can't get to the bolts really well for the housing I gave up on it (I hate GM and their stupid designs). Anyways, if I do that to the heater core how do I get the water out of there when I'm done?

Old 09-01-2009, 01:32 PM
countryfolk567 is on a distinguished road

well your thermostat really wouldnt be the prob.the only thing it would do is stick and cause you temp to run high and poss overheat, the heatercore is the first thing you should do and i use 50/50 antifreeze and the water in the heatercore isnt a bad thing i just made sure to flush it really good and got some really thick green goo comin out and hooked it back up and now i cant even turn on the heat without sweating.if the heatercore is clogged then no heat or very little heat would come from it..

Old 09-02-2009, 06:02 AM
Beginning Member

Gotcha, your awesome countryfolk. If I get some time I'll try to get the hoses off there and give it a shot.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:10 PM

np bro but almost forgot..Be sure you get some rubber hose that will go on the spouts where you take the 2 hose off at the firewall.make sure u got one thats going to be out hose into a bucket and i used an old garden hose and just used the other half that was cut in the middle and put the cut end on that spout and it worked great..make sure u also rotate 2-4 times on each hose running the water through the in port and the out port a couple times on each side to be sure and get it all.i got some nasty crap out of mine...anything else you need help on man email me on countryfolk567@hotmail.com ive pretty much have done it all now lol seriously everything has gone wrong with mine and i just completely stripped it and rebuild it in and out. good luck

Old 09-03-2009, 06:20 AM
Beginning Member

Awesome, thanks. I thought about just taking the hoses off from the motor and going from there instead of having to reach clear back to the firewall, would that work any different?
I also kind of figured on the hose going to a bucket or something, I like to think things through before I go do something. I have just got up and done stuff before I gotten myself in trouble with stuff, but I figured it out.

Last edited by White954X4; 09-03-2009 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Beginning Member

WELL, I got good news and bad news.
Good: I got the hoses off and flushed out my heater core.

Bad: well for the longest time the heater wouldn't work right and the weather seals on the doors leaked so the carpet was always wet or damp. So I glued them where there were gaps and what not, and well it kept getting wet inside on the carpet well I thought it was the heater core leaking so I felt up on the humps in the center close to behind the dash it was dry. Today after I did the flush, there was a HUGE puddle on the floor on the passenger side and the carpet was soaked up close to the dash. I was right, the heater core is JUNK, God I am not happy right now but oh well I guess **** happens right.

I just feel like shooting it up with this little smiley guy's tank here.

[http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-...sories=link]Is this a heater core for a Blazer I kinda don't trust e-bay sometimes people list parts under different vehicle names because they don't know what they are talking about.[/link]

Last edited by White954X4; 09-04-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 PM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

oh man that sucks.... so are you gonna replace it now?

Old 09-05-2009, 04:08 AM

aww man that isnt very good at now bro... well if u are very mechanically inclined like me first thing id do is research everything you need to know about how you are gonna be puttin in another core online will be cheaper or go buy you a chiltons repair manual,your gonna need exact step by step instructions on how to take that one out and a new one in to the T...-and personally the cheapest way to go about this thing is hit every salvage u can and i guarantee that ull save lots of cash$ or if your lucky find out everything about the core and see what the other possibilities could be maybe some thing is loose or something simple//i doubt it though..i live in tulsa oklahoma and just so happens theres to salvage yards like a mile down the road side by side with over 60-100 95-2002 blazers 30% have been stripped good but the others are all mostly in tact..If u think ud be interested ill give ya the numbers i know for a factt ull get one 80%have the cores in tact still ive seen em..they will ship to u too in fact and give great deals on top of it all..personally its good learning experience doing these things,as for me im lucky my dad use to have me work on his vehicles and guide me through it since i can remember, now im very very good at any repair..iv'e never put any of my vehicles in the forgetfull hands of any mechanics auto shop,ive always did everything myself and never have i paid no one person to todo fun easy work i can doo in myself nmw and know that it was done right can take apart anything just by lookin at it and know how to find anything about the prob by just lookin and goin att the job blind an i would be able to cuss about it,when i found it ,then get it done with no probs at all -find the underlying cause to any problem and then go real nice and esy and take yr time and do it right and feel free to ask me for help by email about anything u cant figure out,always glad to help out anyway i can, i know how it is on these blazers.just be pateint and dont set it a-blaze just yet itll work out good peace bro..

Old 09-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Beginning Member

The wife's uncle has a shop (alignment and brakes mainly) but he does do other stuff too, I gave him a call last night and he said that he does know how to do a heater core so I'm going to have him do it. If I take it in on a day off work, I'll help him do it so I have some learning experience. I also thought about the something being loose too, but yeah I highly doubt that one. So would that one on ebay work for me. I'm going to go to the junkyard Tuesday and get a price there, I'd rather get a new one because you never know about a junkyard piece.

BTW Bigdaddykane? is that you from CEG?

Last edited by White954X4; 09-05-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:34 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

hi, whats CEG?

i think i might have to do a heater core in my 95 S10 too, but how can i be sure? at night when i first get in the truck and start the truck up, the windsheild fogs up right after starting it even though the heat or a/c is off. then i have to turn of the a/c on to clear the windsheild. is this a sign?

Quick Reply: 95 Blazer heater problem.