2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Ac Delco MU1733 - missing support bar?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 02:39 PM
Beginning Member
wisowebs is on a distinguished road
Default Ac Delco MU1733 - missing support bar?

Good afternoon.

Well last night my pump finally died so its time to drop the tank and in with the new one tomorrow. I bought my pump from auto zone and I opened it to inspect it before I bought it. Looked like it was missing a support bar. He said yeah the picture shows it. So we checked two more identical pumps, same thing, missing bar. I am in a pinch and no other parts store in a 50 mile radius have it in stock and I don't want to use an airtex.

Will this be okay to install, has anyone else seen this?

Have picture can't attach with iPad will do when I get home on pc...

Old 08-03-2013, 02:45 PM
spittybays

Pretty sure at some point they went from 3 to 2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"Reading around the internet, you will see that the consensus is to not buy a cheap fuel pump for your Jimmy/Blazer. I was a little concerned at first like the other reviewer when I saw it was missing a spring support and strainer, but the lack of those items is part of a redesign by Acdelco. I know for sure since I contacted them directly about my concern. The pump includes the updated wiring harness that you will need to install in the place of the old harness. This is because the old square four terminal connector has a design flaw and may fail prematurely. There is also an internal strainer inside the unit. Yes, it is a PITA to install this pump, but you will save hundreds of"

I just copied that on my wifes mac so it may look a little f'd up.
Don't use the crimp on butt connectors they give you. They seem to corrode fast. Solder them with shrink tube or wire nuts that come pre packed with silicon sealant, those are what I like. There marine rated.

Last edited by spittybays; 08-03-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2013, 02:58 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the reply. I searched the forum and saw a pic that only had two as well, just looks cheap.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:36 PM
porkfriedrice is on a distinguished road

I made a thread about this awhile back: https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-ge...el-pump-72528/

Originally Posted by spittybays
Pretty sure at some point they went from 3 to 2. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

"Reading around the internet, you will see that the consensus is to not buy a cheap fuel pump for your Jimmy/Blazer. I was a little concerned at first like the other reviewer when I saw it was missing a spring support and strainer, but the lack of those items is part of a redesign by Acdelco. I know for sure since I contacted them directly about my concern. The pump includes the updated wiring harness that you will need to install in the place of the old harness. This is because the old square four terminal connector has a design flaw and may fail prematurely. There is also an internal strainer inside the unit. Yes, it is a PITA to install this pump, but you will save hundreds of"

I just copied that on my wifes mac so it may look a little f'd up.
Don't use the crimp on butt connectors they give you. They seem to corrode fast. Solder them with shrink tube or wire nuts that come pre packed with silicon sealant, those are what I like. There marine rated.
haha, yep, that's my amazon review. I included the part about the wiring harness in the review because other people on there were complaining about having to install the new harness.

Old 08-03-2013, 06:58 PM
spittybays

Strange to Google stuff you have forgotten and find your own answers isn't it!

Old 08-04-2013, 03:52 AM
vadatara2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just installed the exact same thing 2 months ago. Seems to work perfectly.

Old 08-04-2013, 08:07 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the confirmation gents...