2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

99 Blazer LT A/C climate control/blend door

Old 02-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Beginning Member
killerv8sten is on a distinguished road

amberly, where did you find the actuator motor, autozone or o' rilleys? How hard was it to replace once you got the glovebox out. I have to replace mine. I have hot air all the time. My ac compressor works when I turn it on, but still get hot hot air. Thanks,
Jack C.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:55 AM
Amberly Jackson is on a distinguished road

Jack,
If you open the glove box, clean it out, then look at the left top of it you see the hook that holds it in there, just push up the hook and pull down the glove box. there is an AWESOME step by step picture tutorial on here on how to do it. but basically, it is a very tight fit, and the reason it was so easy for us is bc we are girls with smaller hands. up to the left there is a circular black plastic thing, that is what moves the arm to open the doors, just behind it on top of everything is your actuator. it has 2-3 bolts holding it on and we had to use a really small wratchet to get them. I got it at autozone for around 100 bucks give or take. much better that the 740 the dealership charges to change it. I hope this helps. here is that picture tutorial: https://blazerforum.com/forum/articl...-method-35063/

Old 02-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Beginning Member
Default thanks Amberly

I am heading out now to start on my 99 Jimmy. I am pretty sure now that my actuator motor is bad after reading from this forum. I did stop by Autozone and check to see if they had one in stock and yes they do, so they must sell a few. My Jimmy has the auto climate control and my motor is electric. The part number they gave me was Dorman 604-100 and the cost was 44.29. I will post back what I find and how it went. This site is a life saver for us do it yourselfers
Thanks,
Jack C.

Old 02-29-2012, 06:44 PM
JBlinky67 is on a distinguished road

Jack- Be aware that there are 2 different actuators sold; One for the the Blazers that have the "Auto" feature, ( which it seems all of us on this board own) and one without, meaning just your standard temp/location controls. All the research I did before I fixed mine tells me that for $45 you may be getting the one for manual controls, because they should be much closer to $100 like Amberly has said. Just be sure you are getting the correct one and that your "Auto" actually works properly.

Of course, you've probly finished the job by now since you posted that at 9:30 this morning, but just trying to help.

BTW, there's only 2 mounting screws holding the actuator down, and they are visible from the front.

Cheers. Jim.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
Beginning Member

Jay, Amberly, everybody on this site, thanks for all the help. I did find out the hard way about the dorman pt no 604-100 $44.29 is for the mechanical controlled style and the computor climate controlled is pt no dorman 604-106 & 138.99 at Autozone. The 604-100 has 4 pins in the motor and the 604-106 has 5 pins. I think we all must have the CCC systems from what I have read. I did get my old one out today and it was a little tuff to get to. It has two screws in the front and a 5.5 mm socket seemed to fit pretty good. I bought a flex head 1/4 drive ratchet with a long handle and it got up in there pretty good to get both screws. The screw on the drivers side I got loose and then worked a deep well 5.5 socket on it and could turn it out. The screw on the right was a little harder, it kept turning back as I worked the ratchet. To stop that I took a long screw driver and lifted it and that put a little resistance on the screw and got it out that way. I have seen on here some people have ask how to get to the screw out by the fire wall, there is none on mine. There is a guide pin to lower the motor on, no screw there. Like you said Jay there is only two (2) screws out to the front. I took the 4 screws out of my old motor and the big white plastic gear had a big crack in it. I think that the motor has to move as you move the temp control, and stop when you stop as to adjust the desired temp. I will try and get back on it tomorrow and let you know how it works out. The only thing else I need for this Jimmy is a plastic clip for the cruise control cable. Then I will have everything working on this baby. I have looked everywhere for a clip. I was hoping that the HELP line would have one, but every place I go says no. I went to a salvage yard and cut 2 off cars, and now trying to modify one to go over the cable, any ideas?
Again thanks for all the help here this site is great for us do it your selfers.
Jack C.