2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

help

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 10:14 PM
Beginning Member
Leearchibald is on a distinguished road
Default help

I have a extemly bad coolant leak i know that intake gasket is leaking but will they leak bad enough to **** out of the back of the motor and down over the tranny and i mean it's BAD

Old 12-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like its time for a new truck.

jk man sorry cant help ya.

but good luck

Old 12-29-2009, 11:53 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that was a helpful reply.
The intake gasket can leak from any point around its perimeter. If the leak is at the rear it could run down the back of the block, but have you checked to make sure the leak isn't from the heater hose connections at the firewall?

Old 12-30-2009, 01:41 AM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

lower intake gaskets can leak externally, its usually at a corner of the intake manifold
ive seen them leak at the rear corner
but definitly check everything first so you dont start a job you dont need to do

Old 12-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for intake manifold gaskets! Make sure to use the revised felpro gaskets with the metal frame.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:04 AM
Beginning Member

Yeah i chacked the heater hoses they are not leaking and i am pretty sure its not the frost plugs i think i am in denial that an intake can leak that bad i mean its coming from everywhere.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:18 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There are no frost plugs at the back of the engine. Get yourself a mirror and have a look back there.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:25 AM
Beginning Member

there are frost plugs in bhind the flex plate but i am sure its not coming from there

Old 12-30-2009, 07:30 AM
Administrator

No, there are not. Those are galley plugs for the back of the cam bore and the back of the balance shaft bore. There are no frost plugs on the back of the block.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:47 AM
dman001948 is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't that Freeze plugs and not frost plugs?