Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2010, 02:50 PM
BF Veteran
2000 Chevrolet Blazer

Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough
Default abs light on will it pass inspection?

my abs light has been one for a while now. I don't really mind the abs not working. but my question is will it pass inspection with the light on? if it will then I won't bother messing with it to try and fix it.

2010 ROTY
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktain View Post
Story: you sliipped in someone's floor lunch while you were carrying a keg and when you landed on your *** you got the keg in the face, because of your chisseled chin you split the keg open and half of it ended up funneling down your throat on it's own.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:11 PM
Administrator
2013 Cadillac ATS

rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the regulations in PA. Have you asked at an inspection facility?
Old 06-22-2010, 03:14 PM
BF Veteran
2000 Chevrolet Blazer

no.. I probably should. I asked my friend who used to be a mechanic but hes not sure

2010 ROTY
Quote:
Story: you sliipped in someone's floor lunch while you were carrying a keg and when you landed on your *** you got the keg in the face, because of your chisseled chin you split the keg open and half of it ended up funneling down your throat on it's own.
Old 06-22-2010, 03:59 PM
Starting Member
2001 Chevrolet Blazer

Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

Most likely not. I do know that here in NY it won't. It is a safety item so they think it is kind of important.

Just run a scan tool on it, you should come up with something.
Old 06-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Starting Member

LRV31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankiesurf View Post
Most likely not. I do know that here in NY it won't. It is a safety item so they think it is kind of important.

In NY it will pass.

From NYS DMV Website:

"Your vehicle's air bag warning lamp will be checked for proper operation. You will be informed if the vehicle's air bag warning lamp is on or is not working. This is an advisement only and not cause for rejection."

Benedict1337- Check out PA's DMV website. It should have the info.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:23 PM
BF Veteran
2000 Chevrolet Blazer

I checked I didn't really see anything that seemed to say that it wouldn't pass without abs since older vehicles don't have it

2010 ROTY
Quote:
Old 06-23-2010, 05:58 PM
Starting Member
2001 Chevrolet Blazer

Frankiesurf is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRV31 View Post
In NY it will pass.

From NYS DMV Website:

"Your vehicle's air bag warning lamp will be checked for proper operation. You will be informed if the vehicle's air bag warning lamp is on or is not working. This is an advisement only and not cause for rejection."
Not the airbag, the ABS (anti-lock braking system). My old VW wouldn't pass with it on.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:15 PM
Starting Member

LRV31 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankiesurf View Post
Not the airbag, the ABS (anti-lock braking system). My old VW wouldn't pass with it on.
Oops I misread that one!!! The NYS DMV site didn't say anything about the ABS light but I could see that it would fail the safety part.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:23 PM

wildcat is on a distinguished road

You would pass in NJ. I just pulled the fuse out inside, so the parking brake light goes off and only leaves the ABS light on.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:36 AM
BF Veteran
2000 Chevrolet Blazer

lol nice. I don't know why the light is on both abs sensors in the front are brand new

2010 ROTY
Quote:
Old 06-24-2010, 12:36 AM

Closed Thread

Tags
98, abs, auto, blazer, brake, fail, inspection, light, nj, ny, nys, on, pa, pass, spection