2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Washer fluit for headlights

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 08:44 AM
Magnum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Washer fluit for headlights

Hi All,

finally i got my own Blazer, but now i have a new problem. I cant find anything about using the washer for the headlights. I know i can fill in washer fluid at two different points, so i think it couldnt be running out out of fluid. Then i thought it might operate with the rear window washer. It dont. So i couldnt find anything in the manual? I know it quite stupid asking that kind of question, but could anyone help me?

thx

mag

Old 02-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Washer fluit for headlights

Ok... We need some basic information first... Things like year, make, model, and anything else you want to include. It would be very helpful if this was in your signature so that you don't have to type it over and over for each post you make. Just attach your signature to each post (there's a setting that will automatically attach it).

Now, to your problem... There should only be 1 washer fluid res... And unless this is a newer Trailblazer that has headlight washers (which is news to me)... I don't think there ever was such an option on the s-series or even fullsize blazers.

Old 02-15-2007, 10:18 AM

Hi, it is a Blazer, manufactoring year is 99. The washer-system has no blades, it just fluid spraying towards the headlights. The outlets are mounted ontop/into of the frontbumper.

thx

p.s. hope the signature thing works

Old 02-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm... Well. I learn something new everyday.

I still don't know where everything is that you are talking about. This must be a fairly rare option...

Here's the electrical schematic for the headlight washer:

It looks like you've got a fuse and a relay. From the looks of the schematic, the headlight washer pump is triggered whenever the windshield washer pump is on... That is if I'm reading it right...

*EDIT* I figured out why I have never heard of this. This is an EXPORT ONLY option...

Old 02-16-2007, 04:17 AM

Hi,

thanx for your help. I am sorry for not telling you about the export option. I live in Germany, so now you may understand. As i live a little remote, in the north of Germany,only a fewguys have experiences with a blazer here. The city has 80,000 citizen, but as i know only 3 Blazer are in the town.

Back to the problem, i have checked all 4 circuit breakers, shown on the page you send me. All 4 are OK. The good thing is that i now know how it works.

Thanx again

Bjoern from Germany ;-)

Old 02-16-2007, 04:29 AM
20Blazer00 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Magnum

Hi,

thanx for your help. I am sorry for not telling you about the export option. I live in Germany, so now you may understand. As i live a little remote, in the north of Germany,only a fewguys have experiences with a blazer here. The city has 80,000 citizen, but as i know only 3 Blazer are in the town.

Back to the problem, i have checked all 4 circuit breakers, shown on the page you send me. All 4 are OK. The good thing is that i now know how it works.

Thanx again

Bjoern from Germany ;-)
Bjoern:

Glad to welcome you to the forum, it has been years since I was in Europe. I have relatives that live in Salzburg, Austria...

If all the electrics leading up to the pump are fine then there area fewpossibilities, 1. Acracked hose 2. Non-functioning pump 3. Bad connection at the pump 4. Plugged up nozzles. If hoses are OK then I would check the pump style with the normal windshield pump it might be the same as the headlight pump if you switch them and the headlights get "washed"/wet then you can figure on getting another pump. Also make sure that the pump is getting electricity by checking the connector with a Digital Voltage/Ohm Meter.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:52 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Hmm... Well. I learn something new everyday.

I still don't know where everything is that you are talking about. This must be a fairly rare option...

Here's the electrical schematic for the headlight washer:

It looks like you've got a fuse and a relay. From the looks of the schematic, the headlight washer pump is triggered whenever the windshield washer pump is on... That is if I'm reading it right...

*EDIT* I figured out why I have never heard of this. This is an EXPORT ONLY option...
I'm pretty sure all vehicles sold in Europe need that... What I'd like to know, is why they never bothered putting that on the N/A counterparts... Time to order up some parts and get 'em installed, lol