2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer electical issue, ground? headlight switch?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:27 PM
djmiller is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer electical issue, ground? headlight switch?

I've searched through the forums on here but so far haven't found a problem that quite matches mine. I have a 96 Blazer 2 dr 4wd that started acting up just last night. When the brake pedal is pushed just the lightest bit, a clicking sound is made and the dash lights come on dimly. When the blazer is turned off, with the headlights off but brake pedal pressed, the warning alarm sounds as if the headlights have been left on. When pressing the brakes, it doesnt turn on the headlights or tail lights, just the dash lights. The cruise control also quit working with the headlights on, I'm assumming because its thinking the brake is being pressed... I'm not sure if the cruise works with the lights off or not, as I just noticed this tonight. Also, the left turn signal works just fine until the lights are turned on. When the headlights are turned on, the turn signal indicator on the dash just stays lit and the turn signal indicators on the outside of the vehicle do not work. When the headlights are off, the left turn signal does work but the dash lights blink on and off with the blinker indicator on the dash. All brake lights and tail lights work fine. I'm kinda of stumped, I was originally thinking maybe i just had a turn signal bulb out but they all work with the headlights off, leading me to think that maybe I have a faulty ground or that it could have something to do with a headlight switch. Also, does anybody know of a place where I could get a wiring diagram. Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Derek

Old 01-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Default RE: Blazer electical issue, ground? headlight switch?

checked all fuses, everything checked out okay.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:44 PM

haha, alright guys, im an idiot. Luckily it wasnt anything to severe. My trailer plugin was heavily corroded, its basically junk and will be replaced soon, but as soon as i cleared that off everything worked great.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That'll do it! Glad you found it. Wiring issues are never fun and I didn't get to this thread before you solved your problem. Good job!