2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Brake lines and bypassing ABS box

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 10:15 AM
BlazerBlackAMTM is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Brake lines and bypassing ABS box

Hi...

Recently had front brakes replaced.. and had a soft pedal for months...
Just in the past weeks had a brakeline renewed and went thru the whole bleeding procedure.
I / We did not bleed the BPMV unit ( I found this out later , as it is supposed to be the first step) the brake pedal is soft again.
My main ??? Is there a way to completely bypass the ABS box and just use a brake pressure rail?? I couldn't care less about the ABS part of things. I would rather have " good old fashioned power brakes.

Thx
96 ChevyBlazer 4X4

Old 03-31-2009, 01:59 PM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point

When I replaced a front Caliper on a '99 that dumped out the entire reservoir of fluid, I bleed the brakes just like I would on a non ABS vehicle. it worked fine.
You did the rears first then the fronts?

Bleeding is better if you run a hose from the bleederinto a cup of brake fluid and pump a few times OVER the pump a few times loosen/tighten the bleeder.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Even better yet is a pressure bleeder that goes onto the brake reservoir. I hate having to fab up a new cap for each different vehicle I mess around with though! LOL