Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-02-2009, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member

rocktheguitarist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default burning smell

hey guys i'm getting a burning smell (not rubber) on my 01. i know for sure its not burning coolant, because i just put a new radiator in and also am not using crappy dexcool anymore. theres not really a specific condition that i notice it, but it seems like it might be more after longer rides. does anyone else have this problem? can you help?
Old 11-02-2009, 09:20 PM
2003 Chevrolet Blazer

bulwaagh is on a distinguished road

my burning smell was due to an improper t-stat housing gasket that was slowly weeping behind the housing, it wasnt immediately obvious, but I kinda had a feeling based off my latest repair.

What kind of burning smell? Oil, coolant, brakes all smell pretty different.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Beginning Member

rocktheguitarist is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Burning smell/ sporadic stalling?

Hey guys i have an 01 with about 87k on it. Most of the time when i get out, i smell something burning like an oil/rubber burning smell coming from the front. ive brought it to the mechanics twice and they havent found anything. any ideas? also it occasionally stalls when idling. any ideas? any help on even where to start looking would really help.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Administrator
2012 Ford Mustang

rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

*COMBINING THREADS*
Regarding the burning smell I would first suspect an oil leak onto the hot exhaust manifolds from the valve covers. Have you examined them?
As for the stalling, can you give more details?
Old 05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Beginning Member

gbdane is on a distinguished road

My burning smell was coming from the passenger side mud skirt on the inside of the wheel well, coming in contact with the exhaust manifold at times.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:25 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
01, 2002, 2006, 98, blazer, buring, burning, burnt, chevy, coming, engine, forum, oil, rubber, smell, trailblazer