Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-26-2007, 04:34 PM

88blackzcand95blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default camshaft position sensor replacement?

whats up fellas, i just bought a 95 4x4 4.3 blazer a couple months ago and am trying to get it running the way i want. the check engine light just came on and az indicated that it was throwing a "po340 code, camshaft position, sensor A - bank 1 circuit malfunction". i did some research and realized that the cam sensor is in or near the dist. my question is how hard is it to access and replace?

coming soon:
ebc or hawk front pads, ecu reprogrammed or a jet chip, steering stabilizer
Old 01-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk
Default RE: camshaft position sensor replacement?

I believe that your CMP sensor is in the same location as the later SCFI motors. If you have a hard plastic connector at the base of the distributor, then... Pull off the distributor cap, remove the rotor, line up one of the gates on the reluctor ring with the boss on the sensor. Remove the electrical connection and unbolt the sensor. Installation is reverse of removal.

If you have wires coming out to a connector mounted to those wires, then it may be alittle more lenghty...
Old 01-26-2007, 04:36 PM

Closed Thread

Tags
1995, 2000, 95, bank, blazer, cam, camshaft, change, chevy, installation, location, position, replace, sensor, troubleshooting