2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Need Help please front driveshaft.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 04:01 PM
Beginning Member
blazerbagpipes is on a distinguished road
Default Need Help please front driveshaft.

Hey Guys I own a 2000 chevy blazer 4 door 4 x 4. 4.3. A few weeks ago i noticed a scraping sound, i looked underneath and the front driveshaft is scaping the motor right at the bellhousing. I took it to a good shop and got the motor and transmission mounts fixed. It doesnt do it as much now but still a little but, what the heck else could it be. There is a little bit of play near the back where the front driveshaft connects to the (tourque converter)? I cant see a u joint just a wierd shaft, it maked a wierd tink noise when i rock the shaft back and forth. Also i noticed a bracket right below the rack where the end of the pitman arm connects but nothing is there? What is that for?

Old 08-26-2015, 04:49 PM
TMM217 is on a distinguished road

That bracket youre asking about is used for a steering stabilizer, which not all came with.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:05 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the reply any clue what else might be going on? ok so the rear (of the front) shaft just slides on. I take it there is a rear u joint as well?

Last edited by blazerbagpipes; 08-26-2015 at 05:16 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 02:19 PM
Beginning Member
Default Clinking noise rear of transfer case, please help guys!!

I have been hearing this wierd clinking noise when going into reverse and drive, and decided to check things out. I (crawled under the Blazer) and have have determined that I need a new (or workable front driveshaft due to cv joint worn out) and I dont know how much ATF is in the Transfer-case because ive only owned the Blazer a few years. The fill and drain plug on the transfer case look as if they have never ever been touched and they are a star pattern. Not a portruding, but intruding. The idiot at jiffy lube began stripping the fill plug and I cant even check the fluid because I am pretty sure I need some good heat and a new plug. Anyhow, What is that clinking behind the transfer case it looks like a short section in front of the rear drive shaft, I felt for vibration and its coming from there, when I move the front drive shaft counter, then clockwise there is the clink. Should I be worried, is something going wrong, please Help guys. 2000 Blazer LT 4x4 three button switch transfer-case.