2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

? dead battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 02:24 PM
silentknight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ? dead battery

we have a 2000 blazer this am used it to "jump start" 2003 chevy silverado truck now blazer will not start. sounds like it wants to turn over but will not actually start. charged battery and still nothing. any ideas ????? thanks

Old 10-13-2007, 02:38 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: ? dead battery

Did you have the Blazer running during the jump start or was the engine off?
You should probably check for a broken fusible link near the starter motor. T he ffusible link will usually burn the wire and not break the insulation so they can be hard to detect, I usually give them a little tug and if they stretch they're probably burned.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

good connection at the battery??? check for cracks and corrosion at the terminals as well

Old 10-13-2007, 04:02 PM
megtom2 is an unknown quantity at this point

My blazer has been a battery killer ever since we bought it 10 years ago. We have probably gone through 6 batteries. No, we don't sit around with the radio blaring and the engine off. It just eats them up.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:03 PM

Blazer was running when we jumped off truck, wife was in Blazer giving more rpms. Blazer will turn over good, just seems like no fire.

Exactely where is fusible link and what might it look like?

Thx for replies.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:04 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

then you have something that is drawing on the battery when off. best bet would be check the current drawas you start removing fuses!

Old 10-13-2007, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

mine eats batteries too, im on my 3rd in two years. during winter time especially when rainy, my brake pedal seem to not come up all the way when i turn the truck off and the brake lights will be on all day long

Old 10-14-2007, 01:18 AM

Any other suggestions as to what we may have fried when using our Blazer to jump-start Silverado Z71?

Old 10-14-2007, 07:17 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I would make sure all your connections are still good. Even if there is little to no corrosion on the outside of the terminal posts, there could be a bad connection. I would take the leads off the battery and clean all the terminals and the posts and screws realy good with wire brushes. Then get a corrosion resistant felt or spray to keep it from corrotion build up. This happened to me this summer when I was jumpstarting someone.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:02 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Check your fuel pump relay and fuses and PCM/ECM fuses as well, just in case...

Quick Reply: ? dead battery