2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Dies then won't start then will

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 03:56 PM
Beginning Member
J4ml3 is on a distinguished road
Default Dies then won't start then will

I've been trying to bring my 95 blazer (late model) back to life for a month or so now. Let me start with what's been done. New fuel pump about a year ago(no miles on it though) new spider injector got it running. I finished up some other odds and ends and took it for a test drive Friday night. It died and wouldn't start after 7 miles. Trailered it home recharged battery after all that cranking and it fired right up Saturday. Took it out again and made it further but died again but restarted after 20 min or so. I figured ICM and had it tested (bad) and replaced. Drive it again further and stop and cut it off and would not restart for nearly 24 hrs. After towing it home it will restart having had no repairs made. I put a new crank sensor in it and did not help so luckily I was able to return it. I'm stumped. Please help lol

Old 06-16-2016, 05:38 PM
Beginning Member

Any thoughts to being the oil pressure sensor? Anybody have any ideas?

Old 06-17-2016, 06:44 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please perform a fuel pressure and leakdown test and post your results.

I'm betting on there being a fuel leak inside the plenum.

When you replaced the injection spider, did you also replace the internal fuel lines (a.k.a. nut kit)?

Old 06-17-2016, 10:48 AM
Beginning Member

Fuel pressure is about 60# and nearly no leak down. I've checked that already. New nut kit was also put on with injector. During these shut down/no start situations the fuel pump is not running. I feel like something is cutting off the pump. The pump has less than 30 miles on it

Old 06-17-2016, 02:30 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

new pump , nut kit, shouldnt be any leak down. how much and how long did it take?

Old 06-18-2016, 12:21 PM
Beginning Member

Less than 1 psi over like 15 min. The pump is losing power and shuts off the truck then when you go to restart the pump isn't turning on. It will restart later on with no problems sometimes 20 min later sometimes 24 hrs. It ran in my driveway for 1.5 hrs with no problems. It only cuts off when driving.

Old 06-19-2016, 02:22 AM
Starting Member
joejiz is on a distinguished road

sounds like bad pump just over heats or something? i'm not a mechanic though

Old 06-26-2016, 02:51 PM
Beginning Member

I've pulled the pump and checked it. I don't think it's the pump. I've been told it's the ecm. Any thoughts?

Old 06-26-2016, 05:23 PM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by J4ml3
I've pulled the pump and checked it. I don't think it's the pump. I've been told it's the ecm. Any thoughts?
doubt it, ecm rarely goes bad. coil or ign. module can cause this also when they get hot

Last edited by newguy; 06-26-2016 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:18 PM
Beginning Member

Ignition control module was replaced and did not remedy the problem. I don't believe the coil is the problem as it will start off of ether during the no start condition. The fuel pump is not being activated

Quick Reply: Dies then won't start then will