2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Emissions Cycle P0441 and P1441

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2008, 12:07 AM
Beginning Member
silvers10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emissions Cycle P0441 and P1441

Hi everyone, im new to this site and somewhat new to owning a blazer...
last year I bought a 95 blazer 4.3 vortec, after about 6 months of owning it I found out the rod bearings were bad so I bought a new engine and my brother, my dad and me put it in...
my service engine soon light came on... there were a couple evap lines that we couldnt figure out, one of them has a little green cap on it, I have no idea where that goes, and the other is screwed to the engine, we think we found the hose that plugs into the back of that and goes to the charcoal canister but the hose we have is only about a foot long and we dont know where that connects to, or if there is another hose that it hooks to that is maybe stuck up above the transmission or something.
any help would be GREATLY appreciated...

Old 04-04-2008, 07:45 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: P0441 and P1441

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

The line with the green cap on it should got to the EVAP purge solenoid. I don't have my references with me at work so I cannot look up where that component is...

Old 04-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Beginning Member

where is the EVAP purge solenoid located on a 95?

Old 04-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The picture below will detail where the line on the driver side of the intake plenum will go, but I'm still looking for where the other line goes. I cannot find a reference to the vacuum test port... That is what it says on the tag that is on the green cap right?

Old 04-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Beginning Member

I think that line is for the vapor pipe, from looking at the picture that is exactly like the hose that I now have hooked to the EVAP solenoid.... I just had them criss crossed because I didnt think the green one looked right when I originally had it on the EVAP Solenoid.
Thanks for that diagram, I have searched everywhere for one like that.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Hopefully you get it figured out from that. I continued to look through my references for the last 15 minutes or so and could not locate any information on the EVAP service port location.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Beginning Member

[/align]I looked for the Fuel Vapor Pipe (#6 on the diagram) and I couldnt find it, the only thing that is there that I can reach is the one with the green cap, im wondering if that if supposed to be the fuel vapor pipe...[/align]I put the old EVAP Purge pressure switch valveon(#3 on the diagram) and took the old one off to see if maybe that was the problem, then I plugged the hose with the green cap into that,I drove all over town after resetting the battery and the engine light hasnt came on yet...[/align]any thoughts?[/align][/align]

Old 04-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Beginning Member

Problem solved!
I compared the fuel lines that I got at the junk yard to the ones I had on it before, turns out the hose with the green cap is a different fuel vapor line than the one I had, I tool the plastic end off that had the green cap on it and replaced it with the one that was on mine, I also put my old Evap canister purge solenoid on instead of the one I got with the new engine... so one of the two was the cause, no more service engine light!!

Old 04-09-2008, 06:50 AM
Administrator

Sounds good! Thanks for the follow up!!

I was wondering if the engine just was different...